Range Report Help!! asap

Originally Posted By: CD82 said he uses black hills in his ar an shoots good.
ive never used it before not sure if its worth it?

CMMG1.jpg

whistle.gif

FMJ of any brand you should not be trying for groups. Yes Black hills is great ammo, My DPMS Sweet 16 didn't even group all that well with Hornady 55 vmax factory loads. But I also bought my reloading stuff before I even had 100 rds down the tube. I can reload 55 vmax with a 5 shot group covered by a dime. If I was you buy another 100 rds of FMJ and just shoot it for fun don't worry about groups, clean your bore and then use some Black hills to get your scope zeroed and stick to whatever you zero your scope with!

Just invest into some reloading gear and you will be amazed at the money you will save and your groups will really shrink! All these groups you see posted online are 99.9% hand rolled!
thumbup1.gif

vv.jpg

Last edited:
its not the scope i told ya i changed the scope
drop the scope thing already

and reloading gear is whats next on the project ajenda

not only will i load for my 223 ill load for my 204 and my 243

so remmy umc isnt the best choice ok black hills ill prob have to order i cant find it localy

ill never shoot wolf thats for sure ive heard bad things about it

Did anybody else shoot the friggin rifle?

Why do I keep coming back and see what's written next in this thread? I guess it's like a bad wreck on the interstate.

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesDid anybody else shoot the friggin rifle?

Why do I keep coming back and see what's written next in this thread? I guess it's like a bad wreck on the interstate.

I know..lmao and enjoying contributing to the pile-up. I wonder if he aint really shooting that silverbear ammo an not telling us? OK just kidding CD82

Originally Posted By: josebdstill nothing about cleaning the bore,man im done!!!!!!!!

No more from me either. I'm getting to old for this chit.
lol.gif

i should have taken a pic of the target but i was tict off an left. the groups didnt look right to me at all

i was using two bags had one stacked on another and rested the barrel on the bag. and the clip was also helping i had it setting on the bench.

Originally Posted By: CD82

i was using two bags had one stacked on another and rested the barrel on the bag.

If you have been resting the barrel on the bag instead of the forearm then thats probably your problem...Barrel harmonics!

I dont know? Im at a loss?

Chad

Many times when frustration happens, walking away from it for awhile is the best thing you can do.There will be another day and if you have some patience you`ll figure out whats going wrong. Take er home clean it best you can, and look everything over real good. I would also suggest crank that elevation all the way in counting # of turns in (so you know where your at) then all the way out. Being in the center (as close to) is ideal (both wind. &elev.)

IMO

You need to get rid of the POS riser.

Dont know what mounts you are using?

Clean Clean Clean

You dont rest your barrel on bags! Use your forearm...

Get rid of the Clips and Get some Mags...

Use bags for the Butt stock also, Not rest on (Clips) mags!

Clean Clean Clean

Get some decent AMMO.. and It will Shoot...

i have weaver rings on the scope

if i got rid of the riser what type of rings ?

academy had nothing to fit it and im not big on spending $40 on rings

ill have to order a low capacty mag

i just got off the phone with my buddy who was shooting the gun also. he says the lst 5 shots that i shot were an inch and a half apart.

i was aiming at the bullzeye and eatch shot was above the bullseye. walking up and to the right

could be the mounts everything is tight

Back