Range Report Help!! asap

I'd still start at 10 yards. It looks goofy, but I've been on paper first shot every time. I can do it that way faster than boresighting, and I'm basically lazy.
wink.gif

But maybe you're at an actual range and don't have that option.

Originally Posted By: eneranch
Could your one-piece riser be a 20 MOA Base??

This doesn't need to get buried. Good job thinking out side the box.

Chupa

well report for today simply dont shoot

so not only that i strated playing around with my 45 acp and the slide broke on it

wow my luck with guns aint good

so i get my funiture in for my ar-15 mon or tuse ill prob ship it back an ship the gun back

Originally Posted By: CD82yeah i will i just hope its not the rifle

ive always wnated an ar yeah its a carbine and i know i. cant get any awsome groups like i can with my bolt guns.
if al else fails and it is the rifle guess i could go back. to a bolt gun whould prob get a bolt 223

but i think tomorrow i can get it sighted in and then. i can get to killing some hogs or coyotes

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
That's funny right there!

I assume you shoot with one eye closed? What was your buddy doing while you were trying to get it on paper??? Next time have him call your shots to you. Lower the power on the scope so you can see where you are hitting. Learn to shoot with both eyes open. Buy a cheap bore sight from Wal-mart for like $40. You almost shot that in ammo and your still not on paper so there is proof it's a good investment. I highly doubt that it's the rifle at all and it's all you. And if you think you can't get any "Awesome" groups with your AR in for a rude awaking!

Originally Posted By: dmpowderOriginally Posted By: CD82yeah i will i just hope its not the rifle

ive always wnated an ar yeah its a carbine and i know i. cant get any awsome groups like i can with my bolt guns.
if al else fails and it is the rifle guess i could go back. to a bolt gun whould prob get a bolt 223

but i think tomorrow i can get it sighted in and then. i can get to killing some hogs or coyotes

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
That's funny right there!

I assume you shoot with one eye closed? What was your buddy doing while you were trying to get it on paper??? Next time have him call your shots to you. Lower the power on the scope so you can see where you are hitting. Learn to shoot with both eyes open. Buy a cheap bore sight from Wal-mart for like $40. You almost shot that in ammo and your still not on paper so there is proof it's a good investment. I highly doubt that it's the rifle at all and it's all you. And if you think you can't get any "Awesome" groups with your AR in for a rude awaking!

my buddy or i yesterday could not get it on paper
in a scope i shoot with one eye closed it works best for me

today i got it on the board but its all over the place even after a differnt scope

the little cleaning kit that came with the rifle

im sorry but there is no way a rifle should shoot like that. smei or bolt gun eaither one

chad has same gun i do an his groups or 100 times better than mine. [beeep] mine are not even groups

Chad's are hand loads and will shoot better then any factory loads. That's why most of us guys reload!

I never seen you mention what type of ammo you are shooting in your AR.

i mentioned some where i was using Remington 55 grain.

its the value pack from wally marts 50 rds for 25$
someone had given me 2 20 boxs of ammo as well factory remington 55 grain

if i could locate someone with a gun vise. like someone whould use to put a scope on a rifle. and shot it an tried sighting it in that way. i wonder if that whould work at 50 yards im ok i can hit the ciliwets.

at 100 yards i aim at the bulls eye an ill shoot right above it. ill wait set the gun back on the bag and it will be like 2 inches up. and the 3rd time its another 2 inches up and an inch to the right. im not blasting as fast as i can i take my time when i shoot. i should think it should group somewhat better than that.

yeah the first shot i take on something might hit it. it might not be a kill shot though. even with factory ammo i should be getting better groups. they might not be like chads but still

Based on my experience with Remington UMC ammo, I wouldn't judge a rifle/scope on it. I use it for plinking under 50 yards and the brass is great for reloading.

See if you can get your hands on some Hornady 55 grain vmax rounds and shoot those. If they perform sub-par, clean the snot out of that barrel and shoot them again and see if your results change for the better.

Good luck

Edit: I'd use some blue loc-tite on all you mouting threads as well.

Last edited:
a guy that was out at the spot where we were shooting. said he uses black hills in his ar an shoots good.

ive never used it before not sure if its worth it?

he has a dpms as well sportacle i think he said

also what about winchesters ammo? are there fmjs anygood?

my DPMS will shoot Remington UMC 45g & 50g HP ammo 100 yards inside 2" all day...maybe better.having that much of a riser for your scope I wonder if you have the elevation maxed out, and it dont like it.throw that cleaning kit in the garbage and get a dewey coated rod and a bore guide.

Forget the FMJ's....you're not going to hunt with them anyway. I've heard great things about the Black Hills as well. I don't have experience with them though.

I get the 55 Vmax or the 55 Black Hills and go shooting and then let us know what happens.

Back