Range Report Help!! asap

I just love trying to help people like you on here....You come on here asking for help and then you seem to know more about everything than the people wasting there time trying to help you! I dont get it? Why ask for help if you know everything anyway? Good luck to ya....Im outta here...
smile.gif

Chad

you assume my scope is trash and cheap chad

when i go back out to the farm later i will even change to my other scope. that is the same model bushnell trophy 3x9x40. thats on my remington 700 sps 204 that nothing is wrong with the scope. just like the scope thats on my ar now the one thats off of my 243. fired it last month nothing wrong with the scope an i was very careful putting it on the ar.

you assume its the scope and its a cheap scope the way i bet its your scope came across was wrong to me

im not saying i know more than you but what i do know is
my scope isnt cheap or trash much less 50$

Hey brother Im not trying to trash your stuff at all! Please dont take it that way! You was talking about selling your rifle if you couldnt get it to shoot...What Im saying is this, eliminate everything else before you go selling that nice rifle!!! Dpms makes great products and Ive owned several...I have not had one yet that wouldnt shoot good! Dont get frustrated because it could be something small like the mount or the scope that is causeing problems....I want your rifle to shoot good for you because once you do get it dialed in you will love that rifle!
wink.gif
If you look back on some of my posts you will see that Ive had scope troubles before so forgive me because Im a little gunshy of scopes at this point in my life.....
thumbup1.gif
Its all good...

Chad

ive had scope trouble to i wont buy anything less than a $130 scope. if i toss my other scope on there an the rifle does not shoot. i will sell it

i want the rifle to shoot good ive never had this much [beeep] before. ive wanted an ar for a long time an i got one

im going to try from 25 then 50 then 100 yards

it took me about a week to decide to get that dpms rifle

i know dpms makes fine rifles thats why i bought a dpms

something tells me if there 308 platform is good enough for remington then there rifles are good for me

Must be shooting blanks. lol
My guess is scope or mounting unless something happened in transit or at the store of purchase. I doubt that DPMS lets much crap out the door these days.
hope your gettin it fingered out.

rpc thats one thing i did ill sure check again

the scope dont move that was first thing i checked

shooting blanks hey thats possible lol

tried two different types of ammo

there was a pamphlet that came with the gun saying that rifle shoots best with remington ammo 55. grain thats the what ammo im trying now.

Chad what ammo do you shoot in your oracle?

Last edited:
CD82 said:
100 yards and 50 rounds i cant even get this thing on paper

any suggestions ??
-----------------------------------------
Problem #1.......... to far for sight in.

Like others have said start at 25 and use a big target/backer.

Should only take a couple of shots to get it in the right direction.

Yes Im shooting handloads....Even if you shoot factory loads you should be within minute of coyote....
laugh.gif

If I was in Abilene Tx. I would help you with that rifle...
wink.gif

Chad

thats the next thing i will buy is the stuff to start reloading.

ive bought two guns this yea a handgun and the ar.
so next stuff is the reloading equipment

yeah im tryin to find places to call in yotes around here.

people say they find palces to hunt them here but ive never had any luck.

one reason i bought the ar was to hunt them and hogs

i hope 30 shells is enough to sight the gun in im bout broke lol

CD82

You have got some pretty darn good advice from these guys, I think you should have no problem getting it done with 30 rounds. I like the mirror trick, I never heard of that before.. Good luck

Mark2

This worked for me. 2 foot square piece of cardboard with a 1" dot in the center placed about 100 yards out.separated the upper from lower and removed BCG, set the upper on the seat of ATV, look down through the barrel and center the dot and adjust scope accordingly, about 5 shots later I was good to go.

There's one other possibility to look at:

Take a close look at the scope mount and make sure it's seated into the upper correctly, and that the "clamp bar" is making contact on the Picatinny bevel front and rear.

I'm not sure what kind of mount you're using, but a one-piece can get skewed a LONG ways if it's not fully seated, and it's not easy to see without looking real close.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CD82

i hope 30 shells is enough to sight the gun in im bout broke lol

50 yesterday and 30 to play with today. Yeah, I hope it's enough.
scared.gif

BUT, if not, and you wanna sell that DPMS cheap because it don't shoot, Please put me first in line. Maybe I could salvage a couple of parts off of it. Thank you.
thumbup1.gif

"Take a close look at the scope mount and make sure it's seated into the upper correctly, and that the "clamp bar" is making contact on the Picatinny bevel front and rear."

Hey, Evil, that is exactly what I was thinking. It is not hard to get them skewed on the slots. That would throw you off a LONG ways at 100 yards.

kevlars

Back