Double scoped hard rifle case??

Trapper Luke

Anymore seems like I always have my 204 and 17HMR in my truck with me for any of them "just in case" moments. Dont really like $2000 worth of guns sliding and bouncing around in soft sided gun cases. My question is what double scoped hard rifle case would be a goon one to invest in?

Thanks,
Luke

I have a few Starlights and they're ok. Latches are the weak point. If I had to buy them again it would be pelican. Latches are way better.

Pelican and storm are really good molded cases. Kalispel is a super nice aluminum case. (the archery case is very good for 2) shorter guns) I like storm the best because they are slightly lighter and come in sizes better suited for what I need. The newer SKBs have a different latch system and are acceptable and pretty light.

Winchester makes a good aluminum double scoped rifle case. SKB Makes one as well, buy they are layered (one on top of the other with good foam padding in-between). I have one of both and the Winchester is usually in the truck. It runs around $100 in Cabelas.

Luke, the Pelican 1750 is a double rifle case. I set mine up for my AR and extras, but it's got room for 2 scoped rifles if you position them right.
You can also buy extra center foam sections and cut them out for other guns.

016-1.jpg

With any of the gun/travel cases, you need to be concerned about the density of the interior foam...It needs to be stiff enough to control the position of the weapon and protect it from shock and bending..

Some foams are so soft that they allow the firearm to bounce around on the inside of the case...even when resting in a cutout pocket...I've used Pelican for years with my competition hand guns and never had a problem with damage... wish I could say the same with some of the cheaper ones I've tried...

Back