Kill light XLR 250

Dan223

I need a new light this year and wanted to know everyone's thoughts about the Kill light XLR 250 Red and white.

I was thinking of the red but it only gets 1.5 run time. So then I started to thinking of getting the white because it will run for 3 hours, then I could just use red film to make it red. That way I can have my run time and still be in Red. This would be for a gun light.

How far does the red throw? How far does the white throw..?
Do they do what the manufacture says it does.?
Are you guys happy with them.?

Any input would be great.

Dan

I forgot to add that I would like to see eyes at 250 yards and I would like to positively ID him at 100 yards, if that's possible.

Last edited:
I have the 250 in red on my ar and the 100 on my shotgun and love them. As far as battery life how much are you going to have it on during a hunt? If you are going to use it for a gun light most likely it'll take a couple of days hunting atleast for it to go dead because you'll only use it when you shoot! Even if you use it to scan it's nothing to carry an extra battery in your pocket! Asfar as the white light I think if you put some kind of filter on it you will kill the usable range of the light. With my 250 on a 4.5 to 14 x50 leupold I can easily place my shot at 205yrds.That's as far as I tested it,but I think that'll do!

Dan223,

I am now a distributor for The kill-lights now and I can say yes these lights do what they say. I will be leaving my lightforce's in the vehicle for 90% of my valling sets this year now that I have these lights.

The 1.5 hour burn time is per battery and the light package comes with 2 rechargable batteries that are warranted for 10 years. I can sell you 2 more batteries for $15.25 plus S/H.

As Sub stated I would just get a red one it will definately shine eyes at well past 250 and you can identify through your scope at over 200.

I actually have these lights on sale this month for 10% off. Check out the link below.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...037#Post1666037

Thank you for your time,
Jeremiah Weber

Do not get a white and put a red film on it led lights don't like filters of anykind it cuts your usable light a considerable amount more than it would a regular type bulb. That being said I. Have the destryoer which from what I have heard is the exact same light as the 250 (other than a few cosmetic changes) and its awesome. Lightforce better watch out with the new led lights coming out the are 1/3 the size and perform great

All very good points to consider. I guess it would better to carry even 10 little batteries than a motor cycle type battery for doing an all nigher.

I never gave a thought about the white light adding film would decrees it considerably. I am so used to regular type bulbs that it slipped my mind.

1c265fc5.jpg

Here is the battery that the 250 and destroyer use its a 3 1/2" 12 gauge shell for comparison

Last edited:
Dan223,
Submoa and Jeremiah gave you great advice! I've got 2 170 Lightforce lights, Smartlight, a Destroyer, and a XLR 250. Like Jeremiah, I'll be leaving the LF's in the truck most of the time! The red LEDS are the way to go! Much better than filtered white light. I had plenty of light from the XLR 250 last Sat. night to take a standing broadside shot at a coyote at 200 yds, shot was offhand, and I missed.....but had plenty of light!
F1

I plan on ordering one this weekend. In your description it is way more than I expected, and is what I am looking for.
thumbup.gif

I emailed Jeremiah several times yesterday asking questions about the switches. I'm not sure every knows or not, so I will mention it just in case anyone needs this switch.

There is a switch that is called, (ON/Off tactical tailcap switch) and it has a coiled cord. This kind of switch will let you put your on/off switch anywhere on the rifle,well within reach. It is not a momentary switch.

I like this switch because you don't have to hold down a (Pressure Momentary switch), you just press once and its on, press again and its off, how cool is that.

I get so tired of holding down a momentary switch when its cold out and then have is go off then re-just my thumb and make it come on again. It becomes a PITA when they don't work right. I think this switch will solve a lot of problems like that.

I cant wait to get mine that's for sure
thumbup.gif

Just to let everyone know I do not have these switches in stock at this time and have to order them. I have to talk to EWT to see if this is an upgrade fee or of I can order them already in the package.

Jeremiah Weber

Flyrod,

He is talking about a click on/click off remote switch, not the pressure sensative momentary remote that comes with the lights.

Thank you,
Jeremiah

Jeremiah,
The light that came yesterday, had the click off/on switch in the box. It was not the pressure switch, you push the little button in the center of the pad/ with the velcro backing, and the light comes on and stays on, click it again, and the light goes off.
thumbup.gif

I hate pressure switches for hunting!
BRB loves his XLR250!!!
wink.gif
thumbup.gif
wub.gif

I doubt we'll ever see his LF on his rifle again!!
F1

Flyrod1 is 100 percent correct.
thumbup.gif

I think where people get confused is when they call it a remote switch? Its not a remote control unit. You cant stick it in your pocket to turn it on. Remote to me means wireless.

EWT is working to correct this confusion in there description. Also EWT offers this switch as an option, all you have to do is tell them you want the (ON/Off tactical tailcap switch) instead of the momentary switch that comes with your light.

Gentlemen,
I apologize for the confusion. Sometime between when I ordered my personal lights and now EWT must have changed the swich that comes with the lights. I just looked at the lights in my most recent stock order and they have the click on/click off remote switch with them. MY personal lights came with momentary remote switch. I once again apologize for the confusion, I have been selling thee lights so fast that I have been just opening the boxes and making sure that all parts where there before shipping. I never looked at the switch on the end of the cord itself.

J.Weber

You guys have got me curious now. I like the sound of the XLR 250.

Question please, since the light shines so well to distances of 200 yards and beyond, how is it for close shooting? Is it a more narrow beam? I assume it is.

If hunting distances less than 200 yards, more like 100 yards, would you use the XLR 100 instead?

Also, a little bit different topic, but related to Elusive Wildlife TEch. feeder lights. I notice they have green LED feeder lights. Does anyone have experience with these lights? I'm curious if they light enough to see under shooting conditions at a distance.

Would these lights be compatible with night vision scopes, or is the LED not good for night vision?

Sorry for getting off track a bit, just trying to learn more.

Thanks.

David

Back