Redfield Revolution or Nikon Prostaff 2-7x?

roky0702

I'm looking for an upgrade to put on my Marlin 30-30 and would like something with a relatively close range magnification (1.5-5x, 2-7x) yet stay around $100-150. I have heard the new Redfields click adjustments are sometimes loose and some say they are good in low light. I have also heard the opposite. The prostaff seems to be a good deal too. Other suggestions are appreciated.

Camerland has a special on Vortex 2x7 Vipers for $174/free shipping, that's a great price for goood glass. If I can't find a used Sightron II 1.5x6x42 soon I'll be orderring one.

AWS

Roky,

You may want to give a Nitrex TR1 1.5-5x32 a look. It is basically same scope as the Weaver Grand Slam 1.5-5X32 that sells for about $280. Nitrex made in Japan with same glass and internal parts as the Weavers. Nitrex and Weaver both owned by same company. This Nitrex is a discontinued model that had list price of $300. Nitrex has a one year over counter exchange if a problem with scope and also a life time warranty. You'd send Nitrex to Weaver warranty location.

The Nitrex is available from Natchez Shooters Supply for $139.95 (plus about $15 shipping) Nitrex company has a $50 rebate on TR1 scopes.....so this scope's final cost around $90 (+shipping).

It is a very good scope for a very good price.

I recently acquired a discontinued Nitrex TR2 scope (Weaver super slam) from Natchez. Scope has such good optics/features and low price, yesterday ordered another Nitrex from Natchez. With reduced prices and Nitrex cash rebate, just too good a scope and price to ignore.

Natchez web page for Nitrex

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentId=productSearch&searchItem=nitrex%20tr1

If link does not work go to their site, on opening page, enter Nitrex TR1 in search box. You'll find the Nitrex scopes.

Back