264 win mag ackley improved

rockyfordjoe

I just inhertied a 264 win mag ai from my wifes uncle it is one that he made in a gunsmithing school. We haven't been able to find his reloading data for it I think his kids took it with his other 264. Any ways I am having a hard time finding reloading data for it and was wondering if anyone here could give me a few starting points. Like a couple different powders and how many grains, and maybe even bullet weights.

Thanks in advance for any info.

I just bought a rem 700 sendero 2 in 264 win mag earlier this summer. I used win brass, win large mag primers. Read all that you can find related to this caliber and you will end up with great results. Ive used imr7828ssc, h4831sc and RL-19. I used 100 gr nbt and 130 gr swift scricco 2 bullets. With the 100 gr NBT RL-19 was king came in at 3700fps and great groups, when using the 130 gr swift the H4831sc made great velocity 3260fps but was lacking when it came to accuracy. I had better results in the accuracy department when i loaded up imr7828ssc under the swift 130 3220fps. At 200 yds the 100gr nbt made 1in 3 shot group and im still working on the 130 gr swift at the 200 yd range. Both bullets at 100 yds shot anemic .5"-.75" 3 shots groups. Both bullets were seated .015" off lands. This fall im going to play with seating depth to hopefully help the 200 yd groups, i dont feel as if im quite to the potential of this gun. Keep the gun cool, clean and steady. This gun is a real thumper.

Last edited:
Back