Pray, Pray, and then Pray some more

Main,

Thanks for your prayers, I mean that. But on the other hand I am going to just through this out there. This is not the first time I have owned terriers. I know how wild they can get. I may be wrong, but it seems to me you think you know what my son wants? His "own" dog? Do think for one second that I jumped on this forum, or any other for that matter and asked for help with a puppy for myself? I already had a pup lined up for Kaleb. He was going to be payed for and shipped here in Oct. My son already has 2 house dogs, a pit bull and a doberman. Although he loves them, he knows he can not hunt with them. He may be 5 years old, but he sure knows what a jagd is. After we lost our male jagd Blade. Kaleb was crushed and asked me everyday when I was going to get him another one just like him.

Kaleb knows what the terriers do, and that is hunt. He loves to hunt and be out in the woods with me everytime I go. His face lights up everytime the dogs find anything. If you was to ask him what kind of dog he wants. He would tell you "I want one just like Blade" And sir, let tell ya, with all this little boy is going through right now I think he should get a little light at the end of the tunnel. This puppy is not going to have nothing to do with me at all. My only job will be to feed, water, train, and hunt him (that is with Kaleb).

If for any reason anyone thinks that I may have went over the line with this post, please let me know because that is not what I was trying to do. I may have read Mains post wrong. I will add that I am tired after the day we have had today. But if I am in the wrong, let me know.

God Bless

Tim

Boys! Great news, Kaleb comes home in 3 days. Doc says he is doing good enough that he is going to keep him a few more days to make sure he is still eating good enough and then he is going to cut him loose. We are going to take him for follow ups at Riley Childrens Hospital in Indianapolis. He is ready to get the [beeep] out of here LOL. They would like to start Kemo in about 2 weeks, maybe 3 if they think he is strong enough. We are not out of the woods yet, but atlest he gets to come home! I feel like I have won a million dollars. I will keep you all updated when things as things change.

Tim

That is GREAT news!!
thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif
We'll keep praying for your family.

Ben

Jerry it was good talking to you to buddy. I am sorry I had to rush off the phone a few minutes ago, I was getting a call from Mary. Nothing was wrong everything is ok. She just wanted to know where I was at. Man did that shower feel good LOL. Thank you Jerry for eveything, and the same goes for the rest of ya. I will call you tomorrow Jerry when I get a chance.

Tim

Kaleb gets to come home tomorrow around 2:00pm. I can not wait and either can he. It will be great to have him home and sleeping in his own bed. Two weeks from now the chemo will start from what they tell me. The doctor says he is doing great but the pain may come and go at home because he is not going to be hooked up to the pain meds they have for him at the hospital. I have a few family members down from Kentucky, so that is going to help out a bunch. I think I am going to start work with my brother on monday. Good thing is, if anything happens while I am at work I can leave and not have to worry about loosing my job. Kaleb is doing good today, but we all wish he would eat just a little more, but as far as drinking a lot he is doing well. I hope when it comes time to pick his new puppy up he is able to ride with me, that would make his day!

GREAT NEWS TIM!!!! PRAISE THE LORD OUR GOD!!! THERE IS POWER IN PRAYER!!! TELL HIM TO KEEP HIS HEAD UP & WE WILL KEEP HIM IN ARE PRAYERS

Well it is 1:00am and I am still up. Kaleb did not have the worst day today but it was not one of his best ones either. He did not want to do much, or eat much today. For the most part he stayed in bed and only got up to pee, and then right back to bed. he would sleep off and on. I held him most of the day and watched cartoons with him. I have to get up at 5am to start this house we are going to build. Which is right down the road so that is a good thing. I am just kinda watching him sleep right now and making sure he is out for the rest of the night.

Being the father I am my son is my life and he means more to me than anything in this world and I sit here and wonder why it is he has to be sick instead of me. I would take every ounce of pain he is going through just so he would not have to feel a thing. Even with days like this, I know God is going to see us through. I can not bring myself to see it any other way.

Wish me luck guys, I am going to need it to stay sharp while building this house. I do not need anyhting going wrong and getting hurt.

Tim

Thanks Tim for the update. I hate to say it and you probably know it but there will be many rocky roads in the future. I know this from experience so believe me when I say you are not alone. There are many out there and even on this forum who have or are walking a similar road. Hang in there my friend, we are are here to help and pray.

Back