You think you had a bad day??? Check out pics of Spotlight

Duane@ssu

I had 7 dogs out this am, they split, and when I got them gathered, the real work began.

Don't see quill pigs around here very often, and my dogs are not broke off them.

Today Spotlight paid the price. He had 1038 quills in his face and mouth and throat. Two other dogs had a few (50 some in one, and a dozen or so in a little pup).

The dogs should be fine, porky is dead, and My hands are cramped from pullin quills.
angry.gif

Spotlightgotnailed.jpg

Spotlightgotnailed2.jpg

Spotlightgotnailed3.jpg

Quills.jpg

Last edited:
I never had one this bad, I counted them off the plate "after the fact". At least he didn't quit.Hahaha!!!!
By the way, Liz had 50 or so.

YIKES!!
scared.gif
Poor Spotlight! A friend of ours was bird huntin in SD and the lab they were using just kept biting a stinking porky. I saw pics, pretty grisly.

Devin, a quill pig would have eaten one of your jags.HAHA!
You got any jag cross pups for sale ? I was nice enough not to nab the one I really wanted. Let me know.

I am going to breed her agian as soon as she comes in heat, and one has your name on it. This little buggar is a pretty nice dog. But he only has a 1/4 jagd.

Thanks, I'm in no rush, I gotta get a few of these potlikers gone before I will have room anyhow.When they hit the ground just hold one for me.

Poor spotlight has had a tough year. Hopefully he learned his lesson. I have had to pull quills and it isn't fun. They are thick where we do our bobcat hunting. It is inevitable that we come across several a season. They usually don't survive the encounter.

Bummer. Spotlight has had a tough go lately.

We average one to two P-Pines a week here via live traps, drive bys and bayed ups. Killed a bayed one Saturday and another one just this evening. I called Tucker off several I dumped out of live traps. I shocked her off the first one we came across after I shot it. She locates them now and barks at them. I can then let the air out of them. She has located five or six since that first one and has not taken a hold of another one yet. Knock on wood.

Duane, keep an eye on Spotlight for awhile. Sometimes there can be delayed complications.

I am sure glad we dont have any of them around here!Any posion or infection known to come from quills?

Hope he is ok.A fine looking dog.

wow Spotlight has had a rough last few months. Glad he is out and not willing to quit! I hope Lucy and I never run across a p-pine rp

Been there once. It aint pretty and it's a lot less fun than it looks. Probably the most useless of Gods creatures next to "O" that is. Good for nothin other than chewin on timber (or old barns), quillin dogs and feeding fisher cats.
Always amazed me how a fisher could kill one of these things without getting stuck!

I believe if I was that poor dog I would just give up hunting. Lol.
As much as your dogs work, your bound top have a bad day here and there.
Still a great dog in my opinion.

Back