If you had a million dollars..ok or more like $1000-$1500?

Originally Posted By: CurlywoodsI was always told that if you see something in others that you dislike, it is something about yourself that you suffer from as well. Just food for thought
smile.gif

That must be why you and 2MG are always buttin' heads .
laugh.gif

No argument about NF scopes at all. I have one NXS and it is a great scope.

Frank might have an issue with USO, I have never seen him discuss it before. Why is it such a secret if it is a real problem? Conspiracy theories?

superseal110, I don't plan on taking big game a extreme distances 4-500 yards maybe more if the shot is "perfect" but I do want to do some long range shooting from the bench. Long range shooting is something I've always been interested in but never had gun that was capable of it until recently.

Last edited:
I'd personally would look for a Leica CRF 1200. It's an excellent unit and it ranges very well. Small and compact with good glass.

I ran a Swaro LRF for a couple of years, was heck of a unit, but I ended up selling it. I currently still own my CRF 1200 and planning on buying the New 1600 Leica. One of the reason I did sell my Swaro.

Originally Posted By: CurlywoodsHave you tried the new Zeiss rangefinder? Just curious if you have what you thought of it.

I have not, but I've heard nothing but excellent thing about the Zeiss.

SS110, no one has argued your point and you just keep harping.
The US military contracts by politics, nothing more. It's who knows who
and who takes who to Bali for vacation.
I've seen plenty of posts about problems with Nightforce scopes as well. No one is calling them bad scopes. You had a bad one, we got it.
I think it was just this year Nightforce starting offering a FFP. Their price
is way up on it too. I don't know if the parts are all built in asia like the
rest of their stuff but the price is running a few hundred behind USO is
all and it is built here with nearly all American made parts. Sorry but I
put Nightforce more in line with Lupy's and their policies on disclosure
about where they are made are the same as well. Asia means china to me
unless otherwise stated.
So enjoy what you have and we'll enjoy ours. (If yours does get sick just
remember to feed it rice.) As far as huge losses, USO has never given me
a reason to sell. I'm adding one more to the stable next year.

Originally Posted By: bigwheeler SS110, no one has argued your point and you just keep harping.
The US military contracts by politics, nothing more. It's who knows who
and who takes who to Bali for vacation.
I've seen plenty of posts about problems with Nightforce scopes as well. No one is calling them bad scopes. You had a bad one, we got it.
I think it was just this year Nightforce starting offering a FFP. Their price
is way up on it too. I don't know if the parts are all built in asia like the
rest of their stuff but the price is running a few hundred behind USO is
all and it is built here with nearly all American made parts. Sorry but I
put Nightforce more in line with Lupy's and their policies on disclosure
about where they are made are the same as well. Asia means china to me
unless otherwise stated.
So enjoy what you have and we'll enjoy ours. (If yours does get sick just
remember to feed it rice.) As far as huge losses, USO has never given me
a reason to sell. I'm adding one more to the stable next year.

I'm not harping, just stating the facts and my opinion. My USO was a POS and wasn't worth the $2500 for the build. Pretty sad when USO has it on their FAQ that debris is a common problem on their rets and their solution is to take a drive down a dirt road or tapping the scope with a rubber mallet. If I'm paying $2000+ for a scope, it better not have any defects... How's that for quality? If you're happy with them, awesome, more power to you.

They came out with 1st focal last year, they came out with high speed turrets this year.

US built doesn't always mean quality... Remember, if your USO goes down, feed it a cheeseburger...

Look around, half the stuff in your house, if not more, is prolly made in Asia...

Back