Thinking of Voting Democrat in November

DaisyCutter

After reading stuff like this:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0517gasoline-price17-ON.html

I'm not naive enough to believe that the media is unbiased... But all the oil companies are having record profits!

I've always voted Republican based primarily on two issues: Gun-rights and Abortion.

I already have two kids and a slew of guns, right now I want cheaper gas. I'm starting to believe that Dubya mucked up, intentional or otherwise. In December I think he'll be a lame-duck.

Of course, there is the small detail that in the past Kerry has tried to get a $0.50 per gallon federal tax added to gas.

For the purpose of getting people to drive less.

Yeah, I'm sure voting for a dem is gonna get you cheaper gas.

And what makes you think the pre-Bush price is where it would be to start with?

Why in hell do you think the president sets pump prices?

Stu Farish
dont you think that this whole thing just sucks who to vote for when it comes to gas prices. Kerry wants it to go up .50 cents and Bush has ties to major oil companies. what to do. I think that it all comes do to who is the better man and what your personal belifes are I think that Bush has a good heart I dont think that Kerry does I think that he will attack certain beleifs of mine. I not tring to start an argument. Im just saying that the whole gas thing really sucks bad

Yeah, the gas prices suck. Last time I checked, we have a capitolist system of economics and the President of the USA didn't set pump prices.

Bush has done nothing to raise gas prices. There have been no taxes increased on it, etc.

Do I like higher gas prices? Nope. But it bears some thought.

For one thing, the price of gas is not the most important thing in my life.

For another, when inflation is accounted for gas is cheaper today that it was in 1980.

Want more? When you factor everything in, inflation, the average milage cars get now, etc, we are paying less for gas in terms of how much it costs per mile driven than we did in 1974.

That's 30 years ago. Just something to think about.

Stu Farish
I totally agree The gas prices suck I agree with what you said
For one thing, the price of gas is not the most important thing in my life
There are other things that are more important in this life such as good values and I dont think Kerry has the kind that I want for my Kids. Again to any one who reads this I am not tring to start an argument.

You can vote Democrat if you want to, but don't do it expecting it to effect the price of gas at the pump. What do you think the price of gas would be if Gore were President? Much of the price of gas has to do with the additives required by environment regulations, which Gore and the Democrats are big on, not to mention the 50 cent gas tax Kerry is on the record supporting.

OPEC and other foreign oil interest are the one that controls the price of oil or the least the majority of it. Bush attempted to alleviate this problem by opening up domestic oil fields, but was attacked at every turn, primarily by Democrats and Environmentals that almost exclusively vote Democrat.

Kerry's net worth (him, his wife, and the rest of his family) far exceeds Bush's and yet that never seems to be mentioned. 4 of the 5 riches politicians in the USA are Democrat, but everybody wants to say how the Rebublicans are for the rich.

There is a reason why most people are poor. Either they won't work, live outside their means, or are terrible money managers.

Take all of the money from the millionaires and give it to the poor, and 5 years from now, the millionaires will have it back and the poor will be poor again. That has been proven, and little can be done about it.

On the otherhand, we can continue to dole out welfare to lazy, no-goods with money taken from people that went out and earned, to the further detriment of our country.

Daisycutter, don’t fall victim to all of the negative media hype. The most important thing we can do right now is win this war. Changing presidents is a vote of no confidents and that’s not the message we want to send to our enemies or our troops over there.

Kerry will not be honored, respected, or trusted by our military and that is the simple truth.

The question that needs to be asked is why do we keep placing oil into the U.S Strategic Petroleum Reserve instead of taking some out. The use of this reserve would reduce gas prices.

Originally posted by Brad Norman:
[qb]The question that needs to be asked is why do we keep placing oil into the U.S Strategic Petroleum Reserve instead of taking some out. The use of this reserve would reduce gas prices.[/qb]
I'd assume b/c of the tense nature of the globe right now. Things could escalate real fast right now.--In which place the strategic oil reserve becomes key.

I don't believe that the "President sets oil prices at the pump".

However, It irritates me that most oil companies (EX. Conoco) have had the most profitable 1st quarter they've experienced in over a decade, while I'm paying $2+ a gallon. I don't give a hoot if "adjusted for inflation, gas is actually a really good deal", or "It's still cheaper to drive now than it was in 1974".

Today's society is just a teensy-weensy little-bit more mobile than it was 30 years ago. Less people were commuting 30 or 40 or 50 miles to work in 1974.

The rising gas prices are national news. I'd like to see the White House make more of an effort to improve the situation. Granted, Bush does have a pretty full plate, but nobody forced him into this job.

We all need to go to California and have a RIOT. Burn it to the ground. Show the white house we mean business.

We all need to go to California and have a RIOT. Burn it to the ground.

Well, that at least has the prospect of cleaning CA off so it can start over /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

For another, when inflation is accounted for gas is cheaper today that it was in 1980.
I've heard this before and I'm not doubting it, but, does anyone have any back up to this claim?
I drive a F-250 4x4 crew cab with a V-10 so I would really like gas to go down a little so I can afford to hunt again!!!

P.S.- I think everyone needs a price of living wage increase!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Well, I don't know about the rest of you but it cost me 100 a week for gas to go to and from work when there is work, my grocery bill has gone from 100 to 150 a week for the two of us to eat hamburger and chicken,the utilities have doubled, My health insurance has got so high I cant afford it anymore,milk alone is 3.50 a gallon, everything keeps going up by 10% increments and I am lucky to get a 2% raise. All I can tell you for me anyways is that my money doesn't go anywhere near as far as it did 30 years ago when you say I actually paid more for gas. Maybe I am an exception but I don't think so. Good old American Greed is all I see...NVWalt

I know what you mean. At time it feels like everyone gets a piece of my paycheck but me and if you’re on a fixed income I can imagine it feels like a losing battle. The thing is inflation is below average right now and has been since last year. So, where is my money going? Well the Federal government gets 28%, the state another 7%, Social security gets 10% (I’ll never see). Then there is Medical, phone, utilities and on and on…
I know lets elect a new president who thinks I don’t pay my share. Maybe he can add some more regulation and beuracracies… and some more liberal judges just to make sure it happens. Yeah, I know who I’m voting for come November.

It wont matter who you vote for, the economy is not going to remain stable or increase much longer. The feds are going to have to raise the interest rates very soon or our dollar will be worthless.
Once the interest rate goes up we wont be able to afford scratch.
There wont be a housing market due to all the available building products being sent to the middle east, and what you will find thats available you wont be able to afford the rising cost to build a home. The square foot cost to build a home is rising out of sight.

What ever happened to the good old days of the adding machines, pencil and paper. Back then everyone was working and familys made ends meet without welfare and bankrupcy.
This new technology has eroded and taken away the family values.

This new law that was passed or proposed is going to be the biggest scandle this country has ever seen.
The "pension bail out" yea right......
Companys will declare hard times and by law will not have to pay into the company pension funds for its employees. The government has said it will "insure" pickup the companys obligation into their pension plans.
I see corperate scandles becoming an everday thing in the near future.
The S&Ls, corperate executive scandles will be petty compared to this. There wont be anymore pention plans in the near future once this gets rolling.

O.K. let's try a test. Suppose you are Mr. Big oil. You got some refineries and you sell gas. You cannot build any additional refineries because your accountants have handed you a big thick report that says regulatory red tape, environmental regs and consulting, zoning, taxes etc. will render it unprofitable. People want to buy more gas from you than you are able to produce. Are you going to:

A. continue to sell at current price until you run dry

B. Increase the price until your demand matches your production

Be honest.

I think weedwacker has a point. Ya know I may be paranoic, but I seriously think the oil companies see sales of SUV's and other gas guzzlers are on the rise. So what they hatched is a collusive plot to tap into drivers pockets to get some of that money they think everybody has. The president and congress know this, the politicians know this. They can't do anything about it because the gas companies will slow down the production. They have us by the short hairs and they know it. That's why there's no investigation into it. When a few senators said there will be an investigation--- all of a sudden the issue died and nothing else was said. Think about it.
The "investigation" stopped faster than Hillary's national health plan.
Frankie B.

Well my opinion is simply this. Anyone who buys into the BS spouted by the Democratic party deserves exactly what they get. The Democommies stand for everything that is wrong with this country. A vote for a democommie is a vote against the 2nd amendment of the constitution. It's a vote for abortion, BS lawsuites designed to circumvent legislative process by elected representatives, Gay rights, Weak national defence, unchecked illegal immigration, and higher taxes. Go ahead and give a democommie your vote. Kiss your AR, and outdoor lifestyle goodbye.

Coyote 6974

Back