Boone and Crocket bear

Finally got my big boy I have a green score of 21 5/16. I have to wait the 60 days but as long as he stays above 21 it will go in the all time record book.

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

Thanks, I am so excited this next 60 days is going to take forever. I am usually a meat hunter but has always been a goal of mine to get into that book. Now I just need to get in there with a elk.

I shot it with a Marlin 45-70 at 7 yards. he was down over the hill to the right of the pictures, we call it the [beeep] hole. Its straight up and down and full of dead fall timber. It was quite the chore to drag him up the hill and get him to the spot where those pictures were taken. Actually it was more then a chore about 10 guys, two broken 4-wheeler winches and countless pieces of broken rope and cable. Thank goodness I had help

So I'm presuming it was a spot and stalk?

7 yards. Wow, that would be a little spooky being that close to that big guy. By yourself or have somebody else close?

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesSo I'm presuming it was a spot and stalk?

7 yards. Wow, that would be a little spooky being that close to that big guy. By yourself or have somebody else close?

I was by myself it was a now or never sort of thing, My heart was pumping so hard, even after he was down I had to just sit there a few yards away and watch him for a while with the rifle ready to go, it took me a while to calm down enough to walk up and touch him.

Back