Dtech AR Delivery

I would NEVER say a bad word against Mike. I am sure he builds a fantastic rifle and at a good price. I just can't stand the wait. By the time the rifle was ready, I would have probably spent the money on something else. That just me.

But if the occasion arises that "that special one" pops up for sale and the moneys there, it'll be on its way to my house!!

Originally Posted By: JMAudioJust got the notification of shipment today. Should arrive Thursday.

Guess I've got plans for the weekend now !

Glad to see its your turn! I know you will enjoy it. Post some pics and loads
thumbup.gif

Mike called me this morning. I didn't answer my cell phone because I didn't recogize the number! I ordered mine October of 2009. It sounds like the rifle will ship in the next few days. 20 tactical with all the bells and whistles. Of course I have no dies, and no bullets! In regard to the wait, I remember I talked to Mike a couple years ago and didn't order partly because I didn't want to wait 8 weeks! Chris

I talked with Mike yesturday and was told that mine should ship sometime next week. It has been about 53 weeks give or take and I can't wait to have it.

There's a lot of good stuff on the 20 Tact, I can send you a fired case for your AR, I also have an AR in 20 tact made by Mike, You can use it to size your new brass. Cheers

Originally Posted By: cclarkMike called me this morning. I didn't answer my cell phone because I didn't recogize the number! I ordered mine October of 2009. It sounds like the rifle will ship in the next few days. 20 tactical with all the bells and whistles. Of course I have no dies, and no bullets! In regard to the wait, I remember I talked to Mike a couple years ago and didn't order partly because I didn't want to wait 8 weeks! Chris

Clark, 20 tact case sent, it was fired once, then full-sized, will cycle in your Dtech AR just fine, just setup your die to match it. cheers

YEEAAHH!!!!! Got the email with the tracking info!! Come on UPS and get that brown pos moving in high gear!!

Woooooooooohooooooooooo

Thank you Mike

Hey Guys
Now dont be mad or PO or dejected
Got my email tracking info today.
No you cant borrow it or use it but I will let you look at some pics as soon as I get it.LOL
This will be my first AR and I sure cant wait.These are going to be a long few days I think I will meet the UPS truck halfway.

Cool! Someone is actually getting to get their upper in this train-wreck of a thread! I've watched this thread in horror for the months that it's been running, and rarely see anyone post that they got their upper. I know I shipped it... But I just never hear they got it......

I had a record shipping day today. Part of it was due to the long weekend, but some of it was just "all the stars aligned" and everything "clicked" Five different customers will be getting packages from Big-Brown in the next couple of days.

Don't get me wrong. As it's been pointed out by a couple of folks that have not ordered from me, "13 months is a long time" and I am very grateful for those that have waited. I don't like long lead-times anymore than anyone else. I just have to try and figure out a way to get the lead-times down, and keep them down. I don't want to ever have to move my shop again, or see an election like we did a few years ago......

I got the email today also. Here is a photo of my first trip to range of a 204 that Mike built for me. It was one of the looooong waiters. It was well worth the wait.
5d3ce35a.jpg

platapus

What do you have comming? We need to see Pics. [/quote]

mbkmkk, I have read your posts on here and another forum with great interest. What I have coming is a .243 wssm w/ a 22" Shilen. W/ a Dtech comp. I am so excited to get this, I plan on trying the 95 grn Nosler BT as the go to round. Any load info that you could give me would be very much appreciated. Also, nice shooting with the 1:8" twist. I almost went with that but Mike talked me out of it. Do you have to single load the 105 Amax? BTW, old boy from SD has been pretty quiet lately. LOL

I truly respect you and your knowledege w/ the wssm and look forward to further posts.

Thanks,

Thanks platapus

I am excited for you!
w00t.gif

I am very dedicated to the WSSM and know first hand how accurate they are despite what people say.

The 95 grn Nosler BT is my go to bullet also for my 10-twist WSSM's.
thumbup.gif

That A-Max is a great bullet. I do single load those for ease at the bench, only because of the Mag locks that we in CA have to have on our AR’s, it is a pain in the A$$, but I have magazines that have the fronts are cut out of them and they work perfect . I have never had problems with the modified magazines with loaded rounds.

I am about to try the 115 D-TAC to see if it will work. I have seen where the 1-8 twist may work when the bullet is pushed fast enough.

I ordered another 8-Twist Upper from Mike with a HMC barrel so it will be lighter to carry and hunt.

Well went and picked up my lower today,got it all put together and scope mounted and I am on my way to sight it in.
I will post pic and target when finished.
Dtech 243 WSSM Cant wait to hear it bark.

Are those screws toward the back of the float tube? If so, can the the tube be removed buy taking out the screws without having to unscrew the whole tube?
just curious

Very nice rig btw.

Yes they are allen screws and I have not yet tried to remove the float tube so I dont know for sure.Dtech built it and I am sure he will comment on that feature when Mike sees this post.

Back