The best light!!! Period, so far...

Originally Posted By: Chad Walk Im getting older and better looking everyday!!!
lol.gif
thumbup.gif

GAG!!!!!
sick.gif

LOL!
Happy Bithday bud!!!
tt2.gif

Can anyone tell me how I would go about getting a mount for the fenix to fit on my scope? I'm having a hard time finding one. I'm wondering if the shotgun barrel mount would work on my rifle barrel also. Im shooting a model 7 Remington. Thanks!

-Dave

I've used a handful of lights in the past and never really cared for their bulkiness and lack of performance. After much research and careful consideration I'm going with a similar setup as the OP. Instead of a Fenix, which I considered too, I'm going with a Jetbeam M1X with RM01 pressure pad & clicky switch, extended tube, and 18650 batteries.

http://bugoutgearusa.com/jetm1x.html

I ordered the flashlight today so I have not had a chance to test it myself. Hopefully this setup will be the ticket come this November.

Last edited:
Hello Chad would like to purchase the same set up. Iwent to the web site but was unable to purchase. How did you purchase the items???

I had a 8WFP Sun Lite from my snap on man and it was bright as crap @ only 300 lumens and I tried one of those MTE-3E lights everone was ravin about and it didn't even come close to that Sun Lite and it was suppose to be like 700+lumens.

http://www.powerledlighting.com/ At the bottom of the page was the one I tried and I was very impressed with how bright it was, could def shoot a fox @ 100yds in my area with it.

I just finished mounting the light Chad recommended on a bolt gun 300 Whisper.
Casual testing allowed me to easily verify errant housecats out to 235 yards (without red filter) through my scope.
Rabbits to 200.
Range verified with Geovids.
Will rig up a red filter this week in preparation for a few nights of pig hunting this weekend.

Originally Posted By: Chad WalkI bought one of the MTE M3-2I Flashlights and it is very bright also...Either light is way more brighter than the Predator Light...

I paid $50.00 for the light.
I bought a 10 pack of 18650 rechargable batteries for $20.00 off ebay..
I also bought a 18650 charger for $6.00 off of ebay...

Total $76.00 and it is a brighter and cheaper...How can you go wrong?
thumbup1.gif

Chad, how do you rate this light vs. the one on the open post on the thread as far as a gun mount light?

How dose the Olight M30 compare to the Fenix TK-40? I have a M30 and just got a M20 tactical. What I like about the Olight is when you turn them on they come on with the last setting. No twisting the head to adjust.

Bbl mounted Wheat Light with 4140 buld and a red pop lense for me is tough to beat. Too bad we can only use a light to shine coon and frogs here in the second most "liberal" state of the union. Dam liberals!!

Don't know if I've mentioned it before but this site (PM) is the best! Nice (and down to earth) bunch of folks here!!

Always an interesting read, informative too!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: coloradobobDon't know if I've mentioned it before but this site (PM) is the best! Nice (and down to earth) bunch of folks here!!

Always an interesting read, informative too!

Especially from the folks selling and endorsing stuff.

so does anybody know were to get a red cap for the tk 30 the only way im buying one is if I can get a red cap for it? Im not shure if I want the tk 40 8 batteries seems like a lot.

I have the TK 30 and it holds 2 of the 18650 batteries...I made the red cap for mine...Its just a big scope cover with a flip up that I replaced the clear lense with a red lense...

Chad

Originally Posted By: beanerdo you know who sell red glass chad

I thought I had extra and I was going to send you some but I dont...Order you one of these and grind it down to size with a belt sander...You might find something cheaper on ebay, I dont know?

http://www.huntsmart.com/hunt/Hunting-Lights_7/View-All-Items-in-Hunting-Lights_84.html?pg=4

To get your measurement just put the red lense flat against the front of the light or the flip caps, whatever you decide to go with and use a black sharpie to trace around it...
wink.gif

Chad

I don't think it HAS to be glass. You could find some red cellophane cut it to fit in the lens of light. Some place I saw a company that sold red flip covers that would fit just about any scope, flashlight etc. try a google search see what you can find.

Back