blew it big time

anspaugh09

first set of season and i flat out missed. 75 yrds and a miss.try replaying it and it makes no sense. called for 30 min before he broke and he was coming in fast to the mojo i was guillied and he had no clue i was there all the time in the world and i rushed the shot. hope this isnt a warning of how my season is going to turn out.

Hey man it happens. We all miss. We all get excited and rush sometimes. If you hit every one you shot at then you would eliminate a majority of hillarious hunting stories. Get it out of your head and smack the next one.

At least you saw a coyote.
smile.gif
Who hasn't rushed a shot?

There will be more opportunities for ya!

Don't feel like the lone stranger. Everybody misses sometime or another. Go shoot a little, and forget it. Next one will go bang flop.

Good hunting at ya.

Don't worry about it. I have made some big mistakes on my first called coyote of the year quite a few times.

It wouldn't be any fun if you didn't get excited when you see a coyote coming in.

Most of the fun for me is calling him in in the 1st place! It was his lucky day, but you still had the rush I would hope.

thanks for the support fellas my wife has already told me to shut up about it. i went to the range and a group that a competition shooter would be impressed with so it was all on me. going again in the morn. just irritateing when ive pulled off a lot harder shots than this one. but confident in my calling even more now. i threw everything out there, and he finally broke.it still was a beutifull morning to be out though.

Originally Posted By: OmnivoreMost of the fun for me is calling him in in the 1st place! It was his lucky day, but you still had the rush I would hope. you are def right about the calling and the rush.

Heck I missed four before I took the first one Monday! It happens cut fur low on two the other two were just plain misses! To much wind -to far!

Last edited:
well my friends..if theres 1 thing im a professional at...it wud be rushing shots!, and buck fever!!...i think i have a perfect record!!!
unsure.gif

I came home a few weeks ago and told my wife about my missing an easy 65yrd trotting coyote called in on my last stand. She told me she was happy for him and was tickled to see the coyote win one once in a while! I've found the best cure for the pain of missing one is get out there and put one down. Good luck tomorrow!

I hate to say it ,but if you hunt long enough it will happen again. A perfect record may not be much of a record. Just be happy knowing you can try again & again & again.....NOW THAT'S A RUSH!!!

Ben Jimmy
Want to learn humility- go dove hunting! I don't care if your an olympic skeet gold medalist you'll miss many shots!
smile.gif

Back