Pray, Pray, and then Pray some more

Tim7581

My 5 year old son Kaleb has been having pains for the last few days in his legs and his arms. It was to the point where he was crying and it hurt him when he would try and run or play. My wife and I took him to the family doctor to get him looked at and the doctor seemed to think it was growing pains. So that was a relief for us. He gave him some meds for the pain and sent us home and told us that he just needs rest and to keep an eye on him. It was time for bed and he seemed to be fine until about 3 in the morning and all of a sudden he shot up and started screaming and said he was hurting. He kept saying daddy daddy, I hurt, I hurt. My ears were on fire and so was my face from being that scared. I had no clue what to do, so i picked him up and off we went as fast as I could to the hospital. The lady at the front desk took him from me and rushed him in the back and the doctor came out to tell us that he was giving him stuff for the pain and that he was going to run all kinds of test to see what was wrong. I was back there why they were doing the test and Kaleb was trying to get up from the bed to get to me because he was scared I was going to leave him. At one point he grabbed me around the neck and would not let go. Now here is my baby scareming for me to pick him up and hold him and they are sticking needles in his arms. At this point I just busted out in tears because here he is crying and scareming and there is nothing I can do to help him, and I think it might have made matters worse becuase when he seen me crying he cried even more. But I could not help but to cry. They asked me to leave the room and that he would be ok and they would come get mw when they were done with everthing.

We waited 2 hours and the doctor and 2 nurses cam out to meet us and told us Kaleb was sleeping right now but they had some bad news. Now I just thought it was what the family doctor told us about growing pains. Atleast thats what i was hopeing. They docotor could not really make eye contact with us when he said Mr. Hickey, your son has what we believe to be bone cancer. My wife hit the floor and lost it, and at that time i don't know what I did. I remember looking foward straight at a wall and thinking, why him, why can't it be me. The doctor was still talkign I think but I did not hear a word he said and I think i even started to say something because my lips were moving but nothing was coming out. I got to go back there when they were done talking and there was my baby boy on a bed with tubes in his body, some of the tubes was for pain and others for something else. They said he was knocked out from the pain meds but he must have sensed when we came in the room because he opened his eyes and wanted me to hold him. It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life when I told him I could not pick him up right now. So I grabbed a chair and sat next to him with my arm across his chest and he wrapped his arms around mine and said daddy dont leave me im scared. He is going to be in the hospital for a while, I am not sure how long. So right now i plan on living at the hospital for as long as it takes. Good news is, it does not look like the cancer has reached a point to where he can not be saved. Doctor said it was at a low stage and there is a chance of him being able to be saved. I told you guys that I was getting him and new puppy because he took it so hard from when Blade died. I had a pup lined up and told him that we would be getting him one soon but he did not know when that was going to be. I was going to send money to the guy to have him shipped to the air port in Indianapolis and just surprise Kaleb with him. Now that I have to stay at the hospital with him, I will not have the money for it.

I just want you all to know that this is more than I can handle right now in my life. I am the kind of man that asks for nothing, but If anyone that has any Jagd pups on the ground right now and would not mind parting with one, please let me know. I would love to see his little face light up when he gets to come home to a new new puppy. This dog would not be for me and I would be willing to pay what money I can come up with or I could even send a little money from time to time to pay the puppy off. Agian guys, there would be no other time I would go to people asking for any favors but I am desperate and you would be making my sons day. I will keep you all informed on his progress as much as I can.

Tim

i cant help you with the pup but i can sure help you with the prayers, i cant imagine what you are going through, just hang in there and look to the Lord

Tim,
You and your family will be in our prays.
I have rasied (and still am) 4 kids and this just tugs at my heart.
I can not help you out with a puppy, but if there is anything I can do you just let me know,
Rick H...

Tim, Your boy will be in my prayers.
I don't have a jagd, put I will gladly give ya one of the pups I held out of my spring litter.

Tim,
My prayers go out to you and your family! My son got diagnosed with diabetes last year and he is only 6. What we hads to deal with is nothing compared to what you are going through, but I do know how it tears out your heart to see your little baby hooked up to tubes, scared, and needing you there.

Be strong, I don't have pups but will help in trying t find one for you.

C

Tim, praying for your son and your family. Have a litter of running walker pups 4 weeks old, be glad to give one to your son. Good luck

I want to thank each any everyone of you guys for your prayers and most of all I want to send a special thanks to the oldman1 (Larry) for what he is doing for my little boy. I had got a call from this nice gentleman stating that he would like to help get my boy a pup for when he is able to come home. I can not thank you all enough, for I need all the prayers and help I can get. I will not forget you guys when there ever comes a time when you are in need.

I will never look at you all the same way ever again. At first, this was a forum of just a bunch of guys that like to talk hunting and make friends. I would like to thick that you guys are not only my new group of friends but a part of my new family as well.

Larry, again words can not express the way I feel on what you and your wife is willing to do for a complete stranger.

The road is going to be ruff and long ahead, but with friends like this is just might make it easier.

Tim

That is just heart breaking Tim, you hang in there and keep you head up. You'll be in our prayers here in utah and if there's anything i can help with just let me know.

Tim, I cannot even begin to imagine what you and your family are going through right now.

You have mine and my familes thoughts and prayers for your son.

God Bless.

Tim, I cant even imagine what you are going through. I have a friend with a new litter of Kemmer Cur / Blackmouth Cur cross dogs. Parents are both working dogs. If you would want one I would send you one in about six weeks. We will have you in our prayers.

God Bless.

In fact Tim my daughter is coming out to see me this weekend and is flying back to Cinn Ohio on Monday if that would put it closer. She can carry it on her lap and it wouldn't cost a dime. 801-910-1501

Last edited:
Prayers are sent from Nv.I went through a similar thing in my life,it worked out now he is my best hunting pardner!The power of prayer,I Have 2 kemmer pups left, if you can get them there there your sons.

Back