What do yall do before predator hunting picks up?

I don't have any pictures to share, but I like to go chase the prairie dogs out here.

Nope, don't eat 'em, just shoot 'em!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

i shoot my pistols and take my kids hiking .camping,fishing,
and shoot some more and then get ready for small game season
i love me some squirrel and rabbit and grouse all stewed up wwith fresh garden veggies

Yotezapper not too awful long ago. It was the summer of 2005. This summer I didn't get out and hunt or fish much, mostly just worked on my truck.

Originally Posted By: mulfUsed to spend all summer hitting roping jackpots or local shows but now my daughter has been doing Jr. rodeos a bunch. I've been spending time between them doing lot of bowfishing.

P4050161.jpg

chrisbigheadsm.jpg

BH-s.jpg

Hey muff, what type of fish is that in the 2nd and 3rd pic?

During the summer, I like to go camping with the family and scout for big game or go to Lake Powell and chase Striper boils.

Originally Posted By: letsgohuntn

Hey muff, what type of fish is that in the 2nd and 3rd pic?

They're Bighead carp, probably some Silvers in the middle pic. They are the Asian carp that the gov is trying to keep out of the Great Lakes with electric barriers. Silvers are the ones you here about jumping from boat noise and smacking boaters. They are getting pretty thick in the Ohio and Illinois rivers. Lotta fun chasing with a bow.

Last edited:
riding my harley, watching baseball, shooting my guns, messing with my boys, and making my wife mad

O Marty and I do A few different things while we wait for October, ( Its tough ! )
GetAttachment.jpg

Kill beaver.

beavs.jpg

Break out the skinning knives boys.

padder4.jpg

Travel aways and catch some of these monsters..

lukeos7.jpg

Hammer some big eyes'

bb1.jpg

Do some bowhunting..

cvcvcx-1.jpg

Hunting this guys dad this year.. Better kill him by October
smile.gif

getemclose, nice spoony! What it weigh? The biggest one I caught this year was 74 lbs but we catch bigger pretty regularly but the last couple years the water aint been right until towards the end of season.

Fish walleyes and an occasional tournament when I've the time to. The youngest daughter was heavily involved in 4H so that has taken up alot of time this summer. Got her shipped off to college a couple weeks ago, and the walleyes are starting to go now that the water temps are starting to drop. Will fish for them till late Oct.

Back