some people are just plain rude! lol

Originally Posted By: Black_WolfAn empty camera case loaded with one of those exploding dye packs would fix their little (soon to be) red wagon.
lol.gif

Lets see em wash that stuff off!
tt2.gif

Lowlifes
thumbdown.gif

Somehow use MACE insted of paint.... LOL !!!!

If I was you I would just put a bag of dooo on her porch, lite it, knock on the door and run like h3ll!!!
tt2.gif

Just kidding, stick a burr under her saddle...Giddy up!
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: lon0121haha im glad you guys understand my pain! with my luck shed have a trail camera by her house lol!

Take her memory card! Sorry I had to say that!
tt2.gif
grin.gif

Its not funny lon but years ago when I used to deer hunt I had several tree stands stolen so I do know your pain...When you leave stuff out in the woods like that, private property or not, its a gamble....

Chad

seriously? what a B! I'd hate to have you buy more memory cards but if you do have a second one aimed at the first, at least you would have photo evidence. I'm sure it could be considered larceny or something.

Though I agree with many of the recommendations. I feel your safest rememdy is a hidden second camera. Anything you do to scare or harm someone, makes you wrong and subject to arrest. So use the law against her. Check out the local and state ordinances on shooting loose dogs.And buy an AR.

In Washington,if not under control of the owner and the dog/s are chasing livestock. A property owner has the full weight of the law to erradicate the animal/s in question. My neighbor did it and tossed the carcass on the dog owner's front porch. He got the message LOUD and CLEAR, and a ticket from the sheriff's deparment.

Last edited:
I bought a Bear proof box from Bass pro. It already had a place for a lock on it. I welded a chain to the sides so I could lock it to the tree.

The plus side is you still have your camera!

Most states have hunter harassment laws. We have the same problems were I live, but they usually take everything, camera's, stands, anything they can find. But you have to have proof, so the second camera sounds like a great way to catch her.

Originally Posted By: lon0121Originally Posted By: jawbreaker Set up another game cam aiming it at the first and see if shee trys it again, just make sure you hide the second one better than the first.
hey tahts a good idea there!!!
it confuses me because they left my ladder tree stand and the trail camera there!!! they just took the memory card!!

They will prosecute for those actions in my area. Catch them and have them arrested.. I would in a heartbeat!!

jmho

I use an IR game camera to watch one of the gates on my camp property. Since the camera somewhat exposed, I need to protect it from theft. I use a Camlock box to accomplish this. It's a padlocked metal box that totally encloses the camera. I chain the box/camera to a tree to make theft harder. No problems with this so far. MI VHNTR

http://camlockbox.com/

Originally Posted By: lon0121Originally Posted By: johralMaybe you should inform the game department that someone is chasing/harassing game with a pack of dogs. A few tickets and she might learn.

the thing is i dont think shes breaking any laws??
im not the type to kill a dog if i see it at my bait either! its a win win for her high class self. the dogs dont seem to bother the coyotes though!

im scared shes the bell witch!! lol

No leash law there? How about a limit on the number of pets one can have?

man i feel ya pain my friend . i agree wit hthe second camera and the trap ... lol . does kentucky have hunters rights ? if they do they will bust her a new one .good luck and hope you catch her in the act and prosecute her big time !!

Originally Posted By: sonofdsouth72. does kentucky have hunters rights ?

Yes.

150.710 Intentional obstruction of lawful taking of wildlife.
(1) No person shall intentionally obstruct or disrupt the right of a person to lawfully take wildlife by hunting, trapping, or fishing.
(2) The Attorney General or any person directly affected may bring an action to restrain conduct unlawful under this section and may bring an action to recover damages.
(3) The officers of the Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources, or any other peace officer, police officer, state police officer, or sheriff may enforce this section.
(4) This section shall not apply to incidental interference with the taking of wildlife by hunting, trapping, or fishing caused by lawful activities including, but not limited to, farming, mining, or recreation.
Effective: July 15, 1988
History: Created 1988 Ky. Acts ch. 81, sec. 1(1)-(4), effective July 15, 1988.

Is she a lunatic or what ?
Those kind of actions would cause you some serious problems
around here. Not with the law but the hunters. Hunting is
take very seriously in these parts.

Sometimes idiots just don't know no better.
Last year on opening day of deer season 1 of our newer
neighbors hopped on a loud ATV and was racing up and down
the back road where I knew there were 4 deer hunters. I
had to flag him down and tell him to stop before he got
himself shot and then explained to him the facts of life
and hunting. He got the message and hasn't done it since.

Before you do something you might regret check out the hunter harassment laws in your state. Also the laws concerning free roaming dogs and stray livestock. Somehow I think you can cause her plenty of trouble without getting into any yourself.

If you have ANY type of livestock (even one chicken) and her mutts get after it most states will allow the owner of the livestock to kill the dogs and bill owner for damages. But if they are running deer only the game warden can legally shot them (care to guess how many people get slowed down by that little technality?).

There is also the little matter of your complete lack of liability for injuries to trespassing dogs. That one I will leave to your imagination.

As for her horses getting out, if they get on your property bill her for the grazing and make it the most expensive grazing in the state. This you will have to find out if your area is a fence-in or a fence-out fencing law.

thanks for the input guys!

i believe i may set up another trail camera facing the old one! i have extra memory cards so it isnt a HUGE deal but it still sucks!

The second camera idea is the best overall. When any dog chasing deer past me on my farm they are history if there isn't a owner at the end of the leash. And if the dog has a tag with name and phone number I call the owner a year later and tell them I found the tags and a pile of bones.

Last edited:
I agree with a second camera also. Make sure its a silent camera without a flash, or you will have two memory cards gone.

I would honestly try and talk to her and educate her about hunting nicely at first. Many people don't clearly understand how hunting helps the ecosystem. At the same time, I would try and give her a warning about your rights as a hunter.
Seriously, I spend way too much time and money on hunting to have it ruined by some slob of an activist. Let her know that although it's difficult to prove she is interfering with your hunting, it is also hard to prove you shot a couple labs and seven beagles as well...Ask her which she would rather lose? A deer here and there or a coyote or two or her dogs? Cuz you came to hunt, and you aint leavin till somethins dead...

Back