No NRA Endorsement for Reid in Nevada Senate Race

Jeff Mock

082810_Reid_397x224.jpg

Sen. Harry's Reid's support for President Obama's Supreme Court nominees has cost him the endorsement of the National Rifle Association in his re-election bid.

The NRA is a force in rural states like Nevada where many voters own guns and hunt. The absence of the NRA's blessing represents a setback that Reid's campaign was quick to address Friday by noting that NRA executive Wayne LaPierre once called him a "true champion of the Second Amendment."

Christopher W. Cox, chairman of the NRA's Political Victory Fund, said Friday that the organization strongly opposed the confirmation of Elena Kagan to the Supreme Court, and it had warned lawmakers that the NRA would weigh that vote when it came to its endorsements.

"The vote on Elena Kagan's confirmation to the court, along with the previous year's confirmation vote on Sonia Sotomayor, are critical for the future of the Second Amendment," Cox said in a statement. "After careful consideration, the NRA-PVF announced today that it will not be endorsing Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid for re-election in the 2010 U.S. Senate race in Nevada."

Cox stopped short of saying whether the group would support Reid's opponent, Republican Sharron Angle, or stay neutral in the race.

An NRA spokesman told the Las Vegas Review-Journal that the group would be staying out of the race entirely. The organization did not respond to numerous requests from the Associated Press for comment.

The Senate Majority Leader has built a solid relationship with the NRA over the years and often parted ways with many of his Democratic colleagues on gun issues. Last year, Reid voted to permit passengers on Amtrak railroad to transport handguns in their checked baggage. He also voted to prohibit lawsuits against gun manufacturers and dealers for gun-related violence.

The National Republican Senatorial Committee was quick to relay news of the NRA's decision. Meanwhile, Reid's campaign manager, Brandon Hall, noted that the NRA has donated to Reid's campaign and not to Angle's during the current election cycle. The group donated $4,950 to the Reid campaign, according to records maintained by the Center for Responsive Politics.

I'm glad they listened to me, I wouldnt renew my 2010 membership because they renounsed this pig. IF HE loses I will renew my membership. Now you know why I don't have a forever membership, that would be like paying my taxes in advance.

harryreidgivesthefinger.jpg

Last edited:
Ozzy - then you are in the cart and we are pulling you. Nobody agrees with an organization 100% of the time. You are not helping the effort my wigging out and letting everyone else pull you along.

Originally Posted By: Minotbob Ozzy - then you are in the cart and we are pulling you. Nobody agrees with an organization 100% of the time. You are not helping the effort my wigging out and letting everyone else pull you along. Move to Nevada then we'll talk.

Highest Unemployment Rate!
Highest Foreclosure Rate!
Highest Bankruptsy Rate!
Least Mount Of Stimulus (OBAMA) Money!!!!
I'm F...... SELF EMPLOYED!!! I DRAG MY OWN CART!! WATCH WHO YOU CALL LAZY! YOU SHOULD BE BANNED FROM THIS PLACE!! MODS WHERE ARE YOU? DO YOUR JOB!!!

I don't believe he was talking about supporting you financially Ozzy. or calling you lazy.

I think he was referencing the fight for Second Amendment rights.

I absolutely agree 100% that Reid is a parasite that is in sore need of being squashed and have personally sent money to Angle for just that reason.

On the other hand I understand the NRA's position. They care ONLY about the 2nd Amendment. They would (in theory) support Hitler if his voting record was against gun control.

For those who are what is called "single issue voters" with the single issue being the 2nd Amendment, they ARE carrying your water when you abandon the NRA because they do (or might) support a libtard a@@hole because he has a recent voting record supporting the 2nd.

Originally Posted By: Minotbob Ozzy - then you are in the cart and we are pulling you. Nobody agrees with an organization 100% of the time. You are not helping the effort my wigging out and letting everyone else pull you along.
Pray for Obama. Psalm 109:8 What does this signature mean???

Last edited:
The 2nd Amendment will always be here, good luck taking that away. There's a gun behind every blade of grass.

Originally Posted By: ozzyPray for Obama. Psalm 109:8 What does this signature mean???

Psalm 109:8 reads: “Let his days be few and let another take his office.”

NRA has a policy of only endorsing those with a voting record. IMO sometimes good, sometimes not so good.In a big primary race for US House in Toledo District #9 against mega-lib anti-2nd amender Marcy Kaptur NRA refused to endorse our former police chief who capped a serial killer in the forehead with one shot.

Me thinks sometimes one has to make an exception...FYI the cop lost the primary.

Back