Why do 'people' do this????

hoosier-yote

Well I am really frustrated...
First a little background. We live way out in the country. When a car goes by it is usually noticed because most days you can count them on one hand. Last night I happened to be out behind the house around 9:30pm enjoying our mild temps when I hear this awful noise of someone 'dragging' something up our gravel road. Sounds like a muffler problem. I went to the front to see what the racket was about just in time to see it slow to a stop and the lights go out just up the road from our place. Now this just happens to be in an area where the fencerows and trees pretty much give complete cover. Me being the type to think 'just what the heck is that all about' I decide to get my 3Mil spotlight and take a little walk to see. Well, on my way up the road I start feeling like I should be ashamed. I am thinking the worst of whoever this is, they probably just need some help after all, it did seem that it sounded like their muffler had fallen. Well once I get to within 75yds common sense grabs hold so I decide to see what I am getting myself into. When the spotlight lit the entire area up you see a couple guys scramble to get back in the truck and they :eek: peel out like they just got shot in the arse. What they were doing (found out on further investigation) was dumping the entire guts of some old RV trailer. (i.e. busted up sink counters with sinks, sitting area, table, etc.) I being quite a ways from my house had to run like the wind to get back to jump in my ride to chase out after them. By the time I hit the road they were probably 3/4 of a mile ahead of me, or more. My chase turned up empty handed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif (lucky for them)
Nows here my frustration. I have seen this around the countryside before (dumping washers, dryers, sofas, and most anything) and I have never understood how someone can be so inconsiderate to poop in someone else's nest like it is no big deal. If you have your trash loaded up why not just haul it to the junkyard or refuse center. I find it difficult to believe people are that damn cheap they cannot spend the 10 bucks to get rid of their load of crap the right way. This has always been a HUGE peeve of mine. Had I the opportunity to do it again, things would have turned out different. They would have learned an important lesson from my world.

Is this just the typical city slicker scum sucking mentality or has this 'poop in your neighbors nest' attitude progressed to everyone these days in this whacked out society? Now someone else gets to pick up their mess. My kids will be sifting through the evidence today. The dirt bags better hope that nothing was left behind that can incriminate them. I guess I will go back to my 'more natural' cynical self of thinking everyone coming by (this far out) that is not recognized is up to no good.

Has anyone had the pleasure of catching scumbags in the process of turning your home into their personal trash heap?

I would hope the company I keep on this site would not have these kind of 'people' but if so and anyone has the guts to fess up explain this to me.

Hello Hoosier-,
I know and understand. We don't live in an area that's as far back into the woods as you do, but it happens here. There are bastard- drug usin'
dirt bag derelicts no matter where anyone lives.
Our area in Spring Hill, FL is a nice clean area for the most part. Population is building and there's crime. I always carry my little Taurus .45 (I got a CCW)any time I go out just on general principle. There's a lot of construction going on so the bastards, mid to late teens or older go around knocking over the Portalab toilets the construction guys use. Or they bash mailboxes, tie ropes around the corner newspaper vending machines and drag them up the road. No kids in the house so I keep the shot gun loaded with 00 buckshot as well as the 30-06 and both .45's. If they're in the house I can shoot them but not if outside unless they come at me.
I would want to hold at gun point and then call the law. It's a very serious federal offense to damage a mail box. I think it's twenty years?
My wife doesn't agree with me but I was brought up in Brooklyn NY. I'm a firm believer in street justice. Bashing their collective heads open with a two by four and kicking the living $hit out of them would definately cure the problem.
It's called the Italian method and it works. It's kinda like "More Guns Less Crime" Scumbags who don't respect the law and other decent folks, will respect street justice. That's why it works.
lol Frankie B /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

h-y,

I have always said that no matter what state you are in, once you get a certain distance outside the urban areas, people are all the same. That means you get the good with the bad. I have never understood the "dumping" mentality either and I grew up in hillbilly country of the Ozark mountains. My father in law has 80 acres in the country and people dump junk there all the time. All I can figure is they don't want to drive all the way to the dump, or not pay to get rid of it.

I don't know about your area of the country, but scrap iron is going at such a high rate right now all the junk cars are being pulled out of front yards and sold. I see at least two or three a day on their way to the scrap yard and I find it rather comical. I tell everyone it's redneck christmas, all the junk in their yard is finally worth more to someone else. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

LOL Frankie B and Bill...
I will be watching for their truck. As I mentioned, we have so little traffic they WILL stick out if they are dumb enough to come back by. BTW, I know it couldn't have been Mexicans because they left the copper on the sink fixtures. From what I have heard (around here) the new construction areas are being cleaned out on all the copper by our new Mexicans 'friends' because I guess in Mexico it is a big business (albeit criminal).

People have just gone to siht. I grew up in the sixty's and seventy's a mile from a river and big creek. If we weren't swimming we were fishing or hunting. Moved away in 82 because of economic reasons. Moved back in 98 to raise my kids where I grew up and couldn't believe my eyes. In one day I pulled 90 car tires, half on rims washers, dryers, The list goes on and on out of the creek. I built a 4ft. no dumping sign and put on the bridge with lock nuts. Now the fools have fun throwing the **** over the sign. I would end up in jail if I did what I would like to do to them. I don't know if the county would use a back hoe to clean up bodies or not. Wouldn't be so bad if the losers would throw it in the ditches only. When I was a kid the biggest thing we found was a warm 12 pack someone threw out running from the cops. Threw that on the handle bars and man did we have fun swimming that day.

Hate to hear that hoosier-yote. You've got a nice area to call home. I think I'd be looking for a RV in the works or being converted into a flat bed trailer when I was out.

Hope the kids find that 1 piece of evidence that lands that trash in with their trash.

Cro-mag

Thanks for the comments guys. No doubt I will have my 'eyes wide open' as I am out and about. Just in case the trash did not fall to far from the tree. I would be surprised if it was anyone in the near vicinity though. Replayed it a hundreds times and would have walked right on in on them before dropping the boom had I realized the scum I was dealing with. NO more free ones on me. I am watching..... :eek:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

A friend of mine loaded up his truck with trash.Told his sons to take the truck to the dump. Gave them money for gas and the fee to dump.Next day he gets a call from an irate fellow demanding he come pick up his trash. My friend promptly hangs up on him thinking this guys nuts. Next day he sees a guy out at the road dumping trash in his driveway,he jumps on his motorcycle hell bent to get there before the guy races off.The guy waits. When he aproaches the guy ready to pound him, this guy trust his hand out with an large invelope,my friends name on the front.Seems my friends sons had opted to dump the trash as soon as they got over the hill out of site , go to town and spend that money. My friends sons spent the next 4 weekend helping the other man around his place working.

Look man, I just didn't have the money for the junkyard and the township had served notice that I would get fined if I didn't get the trailer parts out of the yard. Just kidding, come on now it wasn't really me. But I did get busted one time many years ago for blowing up mailboxes. I was probably about 15 or so at the time. In those days we did alot of drinking and hanging out at a couple arcade type places on the weekends. We ended up "cruising" one night with a couple older guys who had a break-neck fast glow-yellow 4 speed mustang with an extremely loud set of glasspacks (gee that sounds like a good vehicle to commit street crimes out of, nobody will recognize that). Me and my two friends were in the back and the driver and his brother were in the front. They decided to go "smashing" (apparently they had done this before). They pulled up to the first mailbox and the driver simply stepped out with an aluminum bat and beat the piss out of the box till it fell off the pedestal. He jumped back in and then stomped on the throttle and screamed away with smoke rolling off the tires. It was pointless and seemed a little silly even back then, but still provided an addictive little adrenaline rush that a little hoodlum knows so well. I was thinking this was a pretty inefficient way to destroy a mailbox. At the time there were lots of high quality home-made M-80's and M-100's floating around and I'd gotten hold of a good batch and had some in my pocket. I passed one up to the driver and gave him my lighter and we blew the next one into oblivion as we sped away, now we thought we were REALLY having fun. Later that night my friend and I were back at his house and the phone rang. His dad (a local cop)answered it in the next room and we heard the whole conversation. Word had come in from the station that a kid with a Mustang was under arrest and singing like a canary. He had said a kid with his (my friends)last name had been out with him that night and a couple others they were still tracking down. My friend looked at me and told me to get the hell out of there because my life would be in danger when his dad got off the phone. I jumped on my bike and beat it home. So started the big wait. The driver, his brother, and my friend were in deep sht and me and my other friend knew it was only a matter of time before they found out our names too. We knew our parents phones were going to ring. So my friend and I went home and waited. And waited, and waited. A day went by. Then two. Every time the phone rang at home I jumped. I knew this was it, but it was not it yet. I called my friend often "did you get the call?" No not yet, you? No not yet. "When are they going to call?" "I don't know, I don't know!!" It was driving us insane, what were they waiting for!!! CALL ALREADY AND GET THIS OVER WITH!!!!! Maybe they were just going to leave us alone? Finally on the third day the bell tolled. I picked it up, strangely I already knew who it was. I already knew what I was going to say. "Dad it's the police and they want to talk to YOU about ME." Strangely he never yelled at me never even seemed angry. Just got a kind of quiet dissapointment in his face and calmly drove me to the police station for a little therapy session with the officers. (I would like to thank my older brother for paving the way by being an evil hellion and thus making my mischief look minor). Fortunately we were able to weasel our way out of the whole thing with just a lesson learned and no juvie record. I certainly don't claim any similar understanding of dumping. I used to work for the DNR and spent a week hauling truckloads of junk out of a wildlife area. Couches, dishwashers, the worst was the piles of roofing shingles. I don't know the thought process behind that kind of crap.

I can feel your pain! I have a farm with a seasonal use Highway running thru part of it. I own Both sides of that road for about 3/4 of a mile. I can't tell you how much crap I have had to pick up. Building debris, hot water tanks,Tv's, Trash, garbage you name it. Oh and say nothing of the deer carcasses, hides and heads,(always Minus the horns of course!) People got no respect. Only luck I ever had was one bag of garbage I found, and this fool put his unwanted mail in it! Sales ads, Catalogs and the like..All these things had His name on it. When he tossed it out, the bag was 20 feet in my hay field but it didn't break open like most do. So this is what I did.. I waited 1 week, took his bag and all the garbage I picked up that week on my property along the road and took it to his address "after dark", And I strung that crap all over his lawn (he lived In the village!!) with a very nice lawn, Right in the middle of it I put a wood stake in the ground with a note on it ( in a plastic bag of course)..simply sayin ..This is your trash and It came back home!! As Luck would have it, it rained hard that night and the wind blew a gail..what a mess!! it blew all over and I found out he had to clean not only his yard up but his neighbors too as his name was found on a bunch of it!! Also found out It would have cost him $2.00 to have that bag picked up at his house in the Village! Maybe he learned a lesson!!

I see the same thing around here,I live next to a national forest and it goes on all the time,the biggest thing I see alot of is tires and the funny thing is tires now days have numbers on them that can be traced back to the original purchaser,not many people know this.As far as kids now days are always doing something just seems its getting more violent or destructive,around here one summer, mailboxes didnt give the thrill I guess, so some kids,teenagers,went on a drive by killing spree all summer shooting farmers cows and horses out in pastures.The worse thing I ever did was through a dead roadkill skunk in the door of a local country tavern when I was 13 after the new owner wouldnt let the local kids shoot pool and pinball in the back room in the mornings and early afternoon like the old owner did as long as we stayed out of the bar and where out by 3:00 in the afternoon,there wasn't much too do on rainy days or snow days.But now days it seems the few pranksters want to make headlines.I hope you catch those s.o.b.s,for littering like that,maybe they left some tires.

Being a farmer, I spend an incredible amount of time picking up beer cans and bottles out of the ditches and around the edges of the fields. It's just gotten to be a fact of life. I also pick up a few large piles of trash every year, it's like Christmas when I get lucky enough to find a addressed letter in the pile. It goes straight to the sheriff, and a healthy fine is imposed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

new mexico was the worst for dumping of any state I've been in. Really bad. Seems as if some of the places dumbasses dump trash are WAY more difficult to get to than the landfill. I don't get it.

nefj40 --what kinda a fines do they give to low life litter bugs there? Here In NY it's a max. $50.00 seems hardly worth the effort to chase em down.I can't understand why the courts won't make the fine $1000 first offence..seems to me it would put a stop to it!
Isn't it great to bale up a broken beer bottle? I get them all the time..

you should see along the railroad tracks here in so, cal!! they think switchstands are for tyiing the ropes on to pull all of the crap out of the trucks!! contractors have dumped whole demmoed houses and the voodoo people and their damned dead chichens!! not counting the dead human bodies they dump on and around the tracks and tunnels.. i have seen it cleaned up and a week later it is just as bad..

After reading everyone's posts, I just had to add this. Here in Arkansas, a paper company leases 100,00+ acres to our Game and Fish Commission which in turn "leases" it to sportsman for a yearly $20 fee. This land is spread out through the state and can be used for hunting, fishing, camping, horseback riding, ATV's etc. Due to the dumping on some of the properties (that the paper company has to pay to clean up) some of this land has been leased to private individuals or clubs and more threatened if the practice continues.

Stupdid, lazy people really ruin it for the rest of us.

A few years ago I drew an Elk permit. I got up to where we usually camp a day early and found a large group of hunters camped there. They were all packing up to leave. I got to talking to one of the guys and he had shot a large bull but had not recovered it. I got his name and address and told him if I found his bull I would ship him his horns. They pulled out of there leaving a huge mess, trash beer cans and an elk carcuss. I spent about 4 hours picking up the area and getting it clean. I got hold of the forest service and was told that there was nothing they could really do. By this time I was fumming. Then inspiration struck me. I had a name and a mailing address. I packed their trash out with me when I was done with my hunt and packed it all in a big(Elk Horn)size box including part of the carcass and mailed it COD to the fella awaiting his horns. Im sure after several weeks of decay and fermitting it was a pleasure to unpack. It sure put me in a better mood.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Scott

Too Funny DrScott. What satifaction that would be to have been a fly on the wall as he opened up his horns... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Back