State record woodchuck

wdchuckhuntr

This has to be the biggest woodchuck/groundhog I've ever shot. If their was a Boone & Crockett club for woodchucks it would certainly make the books. It's a large male I shot at 357yds with my .243AI. The rifle weighs around 13-13.5lbs and this hog felt substantially heavier. Here's a few crappy cell phone pics.
0825001819.jpg

0825001818a.jpg

That is a monster for sure. Looks like that .243 AI really worked on him, too.

What kind of scope are you using?

Originally Posted By: 6mm06That is a monster for sure. Looks like that .243 AI really worked on him, too.

What kind of scope are you using?

The exit wound is worse than it looks in the pic. I tried to "clean it up" a little to so it wasn't too graphic for the forum.

The scope is a Bushnell 4200 6-24x40 mildot.

Originally Posted By: crowpoppernice hog there
not to try and out do it or anything but heres on a guy on another forum shot with his airgun
http://talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16002

That is a sweet airgun!

My rifle goes 51"ish (off the top of my head). The barrel is 26". I rough measured the woodchuck at over 24" long. I'd say 16lbs wouldn't be an unreasonable weight guess. I would have liked to get better numbers on it but I was a long way from my vehicle and had more hunting to do so he went back in the hole.

i have one around my father in laws
it has cleaned out the neighbors garden and now startin on his
it is a smart on he hears the slightest noise and boom gone
well ill get him
i am going to gunshop today to pick up a new pistol
im going with a cheap Hipoint 40 i think it will put a nice hole in that hog
i have my ground blind set up in the bushes im going to set up just befor daylight tomorrow and wait for him
i am not lying when i say he has to be pushing 18 lbs
it is the largest chuck ive ever seen
hopefully i have pics to post of it soon

Originally Posted By: crowpopperi have one around my father in laws
it has cleaned out the neighbors garden and now startin on his
it is a smart on he hears the slightest noise and boom gone
well ill get him
i am going to gunshop today to pick up a new pistol
im going with a cheap Hipoint 40 i think it will put a nice hole in that hog
i have my ground blind set up in the bushes im going to set up just befor daylight tomorrow and wait for him
i am not lying when i say he has to be pushing 18 lbs
it is the largest chuck ive ever seen
hopefully i have pics to post of it soon

Go get him crowpopper! Good luck and we expect a full hunt report plus pictures!!!!
cool.gif

That is a nice fat hog you got there. I have been lucky enough to take some big ones myself this year. Way to go I'm out of the game right now beans too tall and they haven't cut the alfala or hay because of the rain lately.
thumbup1.gif

Yup, that's a HAWG! Hope Michelle Obama doesn't get wind of that baby...she'll have to promote a new healthier wood chuck diet....

Back