22-250 "Snow Camo" paint job finished product!!!!!!!

Call-and-Kill

I got a crazy idea the other day to paint my 22-250. Usually the only time i have to coyote hunt is during Christmas break from school and we almost always have snow on the ground. So i figured I would start with white and I could eventually paint over it if i didnt like it. It turned out way better than I thought it would look. I let it dry for 24 hours and decided to put a coyote track on the stock. I thought about different ways to do this and the best way I came up with was a black sharpie marker! After the track, I clear coated it and it turned out awesome IMO. What do ya'll think? Here are a couple pics.
DSCN4316.jpg

DSCN4317.jpg

DSCN4320.jpg

Looks good! What kind of paint did you use? I've been thinking about doing a spare stock my son has for his Vanguard.

Looks pretty cool! Get some White Vet wrap fur the rest of it. Coyotes can/will pick up that dark[blued] movement on a white background.

Looks awesome. I had the same idea with the checker patches on the stock with my new Savage accutrigger 7 mag. I am going to paint the rest camo and leave the checker patches black. Great minds think alike...lol.

i think the paint was just krylon flat white. nothing special. i hated the ace brand clear coat i put on it though. but thanks guys. Im glad ya'll like it too!

Looks nice. The cool thing about doing that, is once you break out the spray can and your gun "loses its virginity" so to speak- you're wide open as to how you can paint it- you can match it to whatever you want. Here is an old model 700 my dad gave me for my 14th birthday that I painted. I've knocked down a lot of critters with it. It's now my loaner gun.
IMG_3131.jpg

Originally Posted By: Brendan43Looks nice. The cool thing about doing that, is once you break out the spray can and your gun "loses its virginity" so to speak- you're wide open as to how you can paint it- you can match it to whatever you want. Here is an old model 700 my dad gave me for my 14th birthday that I painted. I've knocked down a lot of critters with it. It's now my loaner gun.
IMG_3131.jpg

I love that paint job! mind sharing how you did it?

Originally Posted By: Call-and-KillOriginally Posted By: Brendan43Looks nice. The cool thing about doing that, is once you break out the spray can and your gun "loses its virginity" so to speak- you're wide open as to how you can paint it- you can match it to whatever you want. Here is an old model 700 my dad gave me for my 14th birthday that I painted. I've knocked down a lot of critters with it. It's now my loaner gun.
IMG_3131.jpg

I love that paint job! mind sharing how you did it?

It's super easy. Scuff the whole gun up with 220 sandpaper. (throw a piece of masking tape over the bore) Then a couple light coats of primer gray while the gun hangs by a swivel stud- I use either a coat hanger or baling wire. Then a couple light coats of sage green- I think krylon makes it- I got it at Walmart in any event. After it dries, pencil on the branch design (lightly- in case you need to erase). When you're happy with it, go over the pencil lines with flat brown paint using a smallish artist's paintbrush. And that's really all there is to it. Let's not hijack this fella's post though. He really did a sweet job.

we arent really hijacking it lol. its my post. the pencil outline is how i did the coyote track on my stock. then i filled it in with a black sharpie a couple times to make it darker. then clear coated over it all.

Back