Best Scope mount and Rings for TC Omega Muzzleloader

Terrifictom

Wisconsin finaly made it legal to use scope for our Muzzleloader Deer Season. Looking for suggestions for the rings and base for my TC omega?

I have an Omega and it is outfitted with Leupold QR rings and 1 pc. base. That being said, if I were doing it again today, I would opt for Warne's 1 pc. base and QR rings. Nothing wrong with the Leupy's, but I like the locking mechanism better on the Warne's.

I also have the Talley 1pc mount/rings on my Triumph (same mount as the Omega). It is very solid, and as mentioned above, is very light.

I also have the Talley on my Omega, its a great mount. Ony thing is, I wish I had gone up one size to a High ring to make it a little easier to get my thumb on the hammer. Space between hammer and scope is a little tight on mine.....

Chuck

I just put a set of the Game Reaper DNZ mounts on my encore barrel and I absolutely love them. I mounted the scope and when I went to sight it in I never even had to move the scope one click left or right. Moved the scope down 12 clicks from center and was right on.

Actually though as it states in the 2010 Regulations just released it is currently still NOT legal to use magnification during the muzzy hunt. I called the dnr to ask what was up with this and they said that it is still in legislation. It may pass before hunting season OR it may be in legislation for some time. Typical Wisconsin DNR!

Sorry to highjack, but I need to ask this. I have been considering the same set up. When you remove the scope with QRs can you still utilize the iron sights? My thinking is it would be very handy to remove the scope when cleaning, or when severe freezing rain develops as we all know freezes over scope lenses leaving you with a mess. Thanks all.

Originally Posted By: GMAN_RSorry to highjack, but I need to ask this. I have been considering the same set up. When you remove the scope with QRs can you still utilize the iron sights? My thinking is it would be very handy to remove the scope when cleaning, or when severe freezing rain develops as we all know freezes over scope lenses leaving you with a mess. Thanks all.

Run butler flip caps and you won't have to worry about the weather on your scope.

Originally Posted By: SuperSeal110Originally Posted By: GMAN_RSorry to highjack, but I need to ask this. I have been considering the same set up. When you remove the scope with QRs can you still utilize the iron sights? My thinking is it would be very handy to remove the scope when cleaning, or when severe freezing rain develops as we all know freezes over scope lenses leaving you with a mess. Thanks all.

Run butler flip caps and you won't have to worry about the weather on your scope.

+1 on the covers.

You could try using Black-Horn. Pull your BP and it cleans up like a rifle. Ya, I know it cost more, but it's sure nice just to go shoot rather then clean in between shots all the time. Plus no more stripping down and using soapy water.

I have flip up covers, but we do drive hunting sometimes and there is no time to mess with the covers. Am wondering if after removing the scope and rings, can you see both the front and rear sights?

Back