Stevens 200 replacement stock

outwest

I just bought a new Stevens 200 in 7mm-08 and was wondering about a stock upgrade. What is everyone replacing the factory stocks with?

You can get a sharp shooter supply, stockade, or mcmillan. There are a couple others too. Whatever you find make sure it Is a 4.40 screw spacing

I've got the same rifle and haven't found what I'm looking for. Not interested in the laminates, and the Mikeys are out of line on price for my needs on this rifle. Sure wish B&C or someone similar would step up with a short action sporter stock for the centerfeed action.

I put a Bell and Carlson Duramaxx on my Stevens 200, and I like it just fine.

221-fb.jpg

Was this one of the $179 Stevens outwest? Good choice in calibers! Sure wished they would have been willing to ship. Like others have said, there's a fair amount of options out there.

Last edited:
I didn't really need the rifle but the deal was just to good to pass up, $179.00 is a crazy deal. I don't know if Academy contracted a nicer finish on their rifles or what, but this rifles finish was better than any of the Savages i've seen. If it shoots as good as the reports i'm hearing it's a steal.

Originally Posted By: pukindogI put a Bell and Carlson Duramaxx on my Stevens 200, and I like it just fine.

221-fb.jpg

Do the make this stock for the sporter barrel?

Originally Posted By: outwestOriginally Posted By: pukindogI put a Bell and Carlson Duramaxx on my Stevens 200, and I like it just fine.

221-fb.jpg

Do the make this stock for the sporter barrel?

Nope, I've got one on a varminter and it's way more stock than I want on a sporter. I do like it on the heavy barrel though.

Originally Posted By: pukindogI put a Bell and Carlson Duramaxx on my Stevens 200, and I like it just fine.

221-fb.jpg
So is that on a Old 200 or a New inline 200?

Is the barrel on that Stevens aftermarket? If not, I didnt know they made them with a heavy barrel. All the ones I have seen have been sporters.

i took off my stevens stock and filled all the voids with fiberglass bondo. dremeled out the barrel channel, bedded the action and 1st inch of barrel. really stiffened it up. no more flexing. shoots awesome now. since doing this, ive done this to all my plastic stock rifles and love it

Originally Posted By: cathntrIs the barrel on that Stevens aftermarket? If not, I didnt know they made them with a heavy barrel. All the ones I have seen have been sporters.

It's an Adams and Bennet 221 Fireball barrel. I was not aware they had changed the Stevens. I bought that one just about 4 years ago. It started out as a Stevens 200 in .223 and was basically a Savage Model 10 receiver, so it takes stocks, barrels and triggers for that model. Here's the original gun as purchased:

Stevens200.jpg

Gander mountain and some other retailers get "special" runs of guns. I've seen heavy barrel, factory new Stevens at Gander Mountain. All Savage does is install a blued model 12 barrel on the Stevens action. The price was too high on them to make much sense to me why anyone would want one.

All new Stevens are centerfeed like their Savage counterpart. Find a stock for a 4.4" action screw spaced Savage and your good to go.

I just got a Stockade Coyote Stalker. Its an awesome stock, very comfortable. Alittle more weight than the cheap factory stock. I order the money saver version and it looked great right out of the box. I was expecting to have to do alot of work to it, but was pleasantly suprised. I only had to do alittle sanding, there weren't even any pin holes to fill in or mismatched seams to sand down. Only bad thing was it took about 19 weeks to get it.

for about $10, you can stiffen that stevens stock considerably. Put about 5 rounds of masking tape arounfd the barrel where the stock would contact it. Fill all the forearm cavities with J-B weld epoxy, and re-assemble the stock to the rifle and let cure. That will seriously reinforce the forearm. It made a world of difference in my perception of the rifle. The accuracy was pretty good both ways and there was no major improvement, but when I grab the rifle now, the stock does not flex until it hits metal like it used to. If you got one of those $179 rifle at academy, good for you. but don't throw a bunch more money at a rifle that is supposed to be "economical" There are cheaper ways to skin that cat.

Back