22-250 1 in 12 twist 55 or 60 grain bullets

Merritt79

I am taking off to go pdoging tomorrow I have a 1 in 12 twist on my 22-250 I know that the 55 grain bullets fly good and that using factory ammo. I have a buddy that I am staying with who is going to help me reload some for it tonight. I am thinking about buying some 55 and 60gr bullets but I am wondering if anyone is using 60 grains.

Last edited:
If you'll be reloading tonight for a trip tomorrow, now isn't the time to be trying new stuff. Get some of those same 55's that shot well in your barrel and hope you choose a load they like. W760 is one powder you can use and be pretty sure it'll shoot well.

With a 22-250 1 in 12 you really should try the 40 and 50 grain nosler ballistic tips and hornady vmax.
But like Ackman said, the night before a trip isn't the time to try new loads.

My 22-250 has a 1:14 and shoots the 60gr VMAX just fine. 400yds....no problem. But, +1 on above mentioned. Do your research earlier. Happy Hunting.

Last edited:
Berger bullets makes a 62 gr hp match bullet that shoots superbly in the 1-12" twist. I has a better bal cof.. than the 55 gr you are using. Additionally Berger has a ballistic calculation tool for fee on line..I got some free samples from their factory... If it wasn't for the fact that i live in Calif.. i would be hunting with this bullet only..

More kinetic energy...great trajectory.

Originally Posted By: ibschmidty52 grain HPBT with H380 burning behind it. mine hits .41", 5 shot, or better, groups every time.

X2 I had 2 22-250's and both loved this load.. Extremely tight groups.

Back