Average cost coyote mount full body

jay dee

Went to the hunting show in richmond this pass weekend did a little price checking on some taxidermy work what are you guys paying? Also met les johnson there pretty cool guy did any body else go?

Originally Posted By: rpc55My taxi charges $750 for coyotes, and $600 for bobcats and fox.

WOW Bob! Thats expensive but I know that in different places its going to be higher than others....I also think that it has alot to do with how many taxiderimists are in a particular area and if they do it for a living...Most taxiderimists around here do it part time and that may be why they are not too expensive...I know those forms are not cheap! I have had 2 full body mounts done on coyotes thru the years and the last one I had done was 2 years ago and it was $350 or $375, cant remember....I think that Im done with the full body mounts...Ive just really never seen any full body mounts on a coyote that looked really good or natural...I tanned several coyotes and fox myself this year and they turned out pretty good so I think thats what Ill do from now on...Tanned hides dont take up alot of room either!
grin.gif

Jay dee I would say out where you are in northern Va coyote mounts are expensive?

Chad

Hi Chad.
I say "my" taxidermist, but i have had him do only 1 mount for me and it was a salmon. He did a great job with it, but his specialty is mammals and was contracted with Cabelas to do mammal mounts in their stores. He does good work. There are many others around here that charge less, but their work lacks.

This is his website. He lives 10 minutes away from me. The lynx is in the Cabelas Scarborough, ME store. His pictures on the site aren't that great.

http://www.petesterlingtaxidermy.net/index.htm

I see what you are saying Bob...That guy is a true professional at what he does...As in anything, "you get what you pay for"...
wink.gif

As for fish, I think they are expensive everywhere because most charge by the inch...Its true artwork for a taxiderimists to mount a fish and paint it....Each taxiderimists has their own specialty....

Chad

I had a bobcat full body mount on a custom built rock base done by my guy last year and it was $600 complete. He also did the skull for me and his work is worth every penny.

I just had a full mount done last month and it costs me $300 and I was really pleased with it. I live in East Tenn.
Mount1.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't even know there was a hunting show last weekend darn it!!
As far a price for a coyote I never had much desire to get one mounted so I've never check on prices

I went, takes me about 2 hours to get to Richmond. It was a big show and it was worth the admission. I didn't meet Les but met one of his Pro-Staffers Matt, I think his name was. Good guy. I missed Les' talk but made it for Lee and Tiffany Lakosky's talk. It was interesting hearing how they got started and how they have gotten where they are now.

The one thing that caught my eye was the booth that had european mount skulls dipped in different camo patterns. Seems like a different way to have your trophy done and much lower cost than a shoulder mount.

The show has gotten better every year,i did catch les talk very good stuff,what i really liked he really didnt push his product in your face,it was basicly if it works for you stick with it.I did challenge him to hunt these east coast yotes,he already knew its a different ball game.joe i saw those mounts all so they were cool.thanks for sharing guys on your taxidery info.

Teamroper that's a great job and price I had 39 lb male coyote done into a full rug that cost me over $500. I will be shopping around next time. I thought he was my friend. LOL

Teamroper, can you show closer pictures of your mount? It's the only coyote full body mount that I actually liked. I really like that pose.

Thanks...Tony

Originally Posted By: TonyTebbeTeamroper, can you show closer pictures of your mount? It's the only coyote full body mount that I actually liked. I really like that pose.

Thanks...Tony
Below is a link to TnPredators.com where I have some really good close up pics of this coyote. If you can't pull up the pics you will have to register and then double-click on the pic and then you will be able to see them full screen. Thanks for all the comps guys.

http://www.tnpredators.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=959.html

I just picked mine up and it cost me $500. The results were ok but it appeared a little smaller than the real thing.

That is one of the most real looking coyote mounts I have ever seen that guy does great work.

Last edited:
Back