My Arizona hunt with Jeff Mock.

Now that one hit home on both sides guys. being origionally from michigan and moving to arizona. Holy smokes that story and pictures was like going back home. I was looking at them pictures and saying to myself: "yep.. there's the sawtooths", and "yuppers..." ect..
nam do i miss that area in a big way. Good thing i have friends back there so i can re-visit anytime.
Great job to both of you guys, and good luck getting that smile off your face bro........!

You boys had WAY too much fun for summertime in AZ.
lol.gif

You shoulda been sweatin' & cussin'
thumbup1.gif

Glad you had fun!

I think it's good you didn't go when it is cooler. You liked it so much without seeing much game that I think your brain might have exploded if you shot a dozen or something as I'm confident you could have in three days of hunting.

If your not careful you'll end up like Chad and move down to the desert southwest!

Glad you enjoyed your trip!

Originally Posted By: Jeff MockJohn, I'm glad you had such a great time. You're welcome here ANYTIME....maybe next time when it's a little "COOLER"...
thumbup.gif

John did a great job of dealing with the Desert heat...He took everything the Desert threw at him and he did it with a big SMILE on his face.

I had a great time as well John, and Joann and I had a blast meeting you.

Thanks for making the trip!
hey jeff i will be looking you up in nov, save me 3 or 4 days.

John, it was my pleasure to hunt with you, I'm glad I had the chance to go out if only for 1/2 a day.

congrats on a successful hunt and I would love to come up your way and do some hunting with you especially in the winter.

You be safe and hope to talk to you soon.

Scott

Great write up John. Sounds like a blast, I'm glad you ventured out in the heat, that's the beauty of hunting yotes, no off season.

Jeff, you're a class act brother. Great story about what Predator Masters is all about, brotherhood.

Looks like an awesome time John, thanks for doing us Michigan boys proud and standing your ground in that desert heat.

Serious question... Is the desert heat tougher to tolerate then a sub zero °F, 25mph wind, 3ft of snow February stand in the UP? ... I've always figured you UP and Canadian boys hunting in January-Feburuary are some of the most dedicated boys out there, but hunting in the AZ desert sun in August, has got to rank right up there.

Great story and pictures. I never seen someone smil'n so much!
I not only nominate for HOM, I say he just gets it!
Rick H...

Originally Posted By: Blitz636Serious question... Is the desert heat tougher to tolerate then a sub zero °F, 25mph wind, 3ft of snow February stand in the UP?

Probably different for everybody but I'll take 115 degrees over cold temps any day. I don't do well in the cold at all. I can deal with heat but if you get me in the cold I get instant shivers and they are pretty bad. I don't even enjoy hunting when it's under 60. It's probably cus I've never been in cold weather for long periods. Only touched snow twice and hated every second of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
And I'm the opposite, I'd rather snow shoe 10miles in deep snow instead of tromping through the desert in 110 heat. That's another reason I only hunted half a day with those two fine gentlemen.

Thanks to everyone on the nomination for HOM and the nice words about the story, really appreciated!!

Where I live it's VERY hard to find people who are interested in predator calling, or who don't quit after not seeing a critter the first time you go out.

Predator Masters has connected me with people who share my passion and I can't tell you how wonderful it is to read your stories and relate to your frustrations of not seeing anything and the joys of a successful hunt.... mostly the frustrations though!! LOl

I am trying my darndest to get the money and time off to go to the Las Cruses hunt this year and meet some of you guys!!

Blitz636,

I do love strapping on my snowshoes and heading out for a day into the middle of nowhere .. the winter keeps the people out of the woods as does the heat in AZ.

Unlike heat though.. when its cold out you just put another layer on and your good!! In the heat .. you can only take so many clothes off!!

I loved Arizona and Ill tell ya what .. 115 degrees is darn hot BUT.. I would rather hunt in 115 degrees in AZ than 85 degrees in MI ... it really is a dry heat.

I guess if I had to choose a full day in the desert over a full day in the winter woods I would choose winter .. the desert is a MEAN, HARSH environment that you really cant let your guard down with.

In MI you dont have to watch every single step for a rattler, or jumping choya. And when you sit down for a stand you dont have to look for scorpions and other mean critters that are out to get you!!

Not complaining here, I truely loved every second I spent in the desert .. it tests you and I like that!!

Thanks again guys!!

Back