coydogs for sale

What? Appearantly by the description they make great pets..
ohmy.gif

Maybe we can get a group buy on so nice looking pelts.
lol.gif

In a neighboring county back in the early 80's. Some people bred their Black German Shepherd to a "pet" coyote they had. Off-spring were all black with a white underside & white crest on their chests.

What I had heard, was they set some of them loose in the county side. Country side, is very hilly with alot of timber & a river nearby.

Anyway, a couple of these black hybrids were seen killing livestock. So a group of local farmer/coyote hunters hunted them hard. They killed one of them. One of those farmers called my Dad & asked if he wanted to come over & see it. He did, Dad was told that coydog weighed 62 or 65 lbs?. I don't recall exactly now.

It's been so long ago, I don't recall now, how many they ever killed.

Last edited:
I use to raise Wolf hybreds back in the early 80's. The amazing thing was they were mixed with German Shepard and Timber Wolf and the dogs were great at guarding and made well timid dogs for a family pet. If you were someone who punished your child in front of them they were aggresive toward you. All in all they were what they were breed for guard dogs for the Navy base. Our hybreds out preformed the Doberman, Rotweiller and the bull dog types and German shepards and very protective. If I had to do it all over again I probably wouldn't do it again. The money just wasn't there and the rabies vaccine was never guarenteed to work on hybreds.

Howling. You ever seen 1 of those hybreds that's reverted
back to the wild side ? Very scary. Theres been some that
either escaped or were dumped in the woods next to our
place. Real aggressive and no fear of anything.

I've gone into the woods hunting them a few times and that
wasn't a smart thing to do. While I was hunting them they
had circled and were hunting me from behind. If my wife
hadn't been standing off about 50 yards or so they probably
would have gotten me. She was on a hillside watching me
and had a fairly clear view of them circling on me.
I didn't even hear them as I was concentrating on a couple
more that were about 100 yards in front of me in the woods.

Worst part is they're huge.

Doesent Byron South have a Decoy dog thats Part Coyote? I dont remember the breed, but he seemed to like it very much. I thought I read that in one of his posts. I dont believe that it was 50% Coyote though.

Back