okay got a duzzer for the gunsmiths

btr568

okay I can hunt in Mississippi with any modern caliber as long as it's 35 cal or better.
I'd like a H&R Handi rifle,but guess what they don't make anything in a 35 caliber.
1)So I am wondering if I bought a 308 bull barrel,how hard it would be to have it redone to a 358 Winchester.
2)anybody know a smith that could do it?

Originally Posted By: btr568okay I can hunt in Mississippi with any modern caliber as long as it's 35 cal or better.
I'd like a H&R Handi rifle,but guess what they don't make anything in a 35 caliber.
1)So I am wondering if I bought a 308 bull barrel,how hard it would be to have it redone to a 358 Winchester.
2)anybody know a smith that could do it?

Marlin makes the 1894C in .357... FWIW...

my bad forgot to mention it has to be a single shot with exposed hammer,we can use them during our primitive weapons season here

Very common conversion, I had my 30-06 rebored to 35 Whelen. My smith past on but here's one.

http://www.35caliber.com/2.html

Just enter Rifle Reboring into your internet search and you'll get a whole list of smiths that do that type of work.

There is Norm Johnson up in Turtle Mountian, ND that is supose to do realy nice work, I'm thinking about having him do a worn out 250 Sav to 300 Sav.

AWS

well it's a moot point now,called a gunshop,they told me that H&R is making the 35 Whelen again!!! So guess what I'm buying Saturday....But I still like the 358 best,smaller case=less powder

Back