gays VS Gas

AL VT

Why does "OUR" government waste so much time on Gay marrige issues and spend so little time on gas prices? Seems to me that gas price will effect ALL of us NOT just the gays! Yet all you hear on TV and radio is this cat fight over Gay Marrige! from what I have read, less then 5% of the nations population is gay..what about the rest of the 95+% of us trying to make a living? getting to and from our jobs? or trying to heat our homes? I think the government has to get its head out of its Butt and start to focus on REAL Issues like these gas prices.The high cost of gas hurts everybody.(except the gas companies) What happens when people stop vacationing or traveling? What businesses will get hurt from that? What happens to all the small towns and villages? What about our highways, how will they fair with the lack of funds? How many people will become Unemployed from that? You hear nothing on the news about that..we are just too busy with "real" issues like gay marrige!! I get real steamed when I fill up my truck every week and I pay more and more at the pump for the gas with NO end in sight, but when I start the truck up to head home after a long days work all thats on the radio is Gay marrige problems and all the court issues we are wasting time and money on. What happened to the needs of the Many out weighing the needs of the few? government time spent on the gas issue (and doing something about it) will benefit both the gay and straight people!! OK I feel better now!!

AL VT,

How insensitive of you! Don’t you know the world will not properly spin on its axis until us mean spirited, vile, cruel, and domineering homophobes see the light and except these people as the normal folks they are? After all the media says they are normal, liberals say they are normal, and the good states of Kalifornia, New Mexico, and New York say they are normal!

It is you who is not normal. It is you who must alter you life style to except there’s. It is you who must forget all of your traditional and family values and embrace this plus or minus five percent of the population!

In conclusion: AL VY, what gives you the right to breath the same good air as our homosexual brothers and sisters?

Naturally I’m kidding. If you guys think you have homo issues spend a month or two here. It’s down right sickening.

I don’t know what you pay for gas in New York but here in the Occupied Territories of the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia I paid $2.01 per gallon for diesel in the Sacramento area yesterday. I could have gone to a no name brand station and got it for $1.91 but I like knowing who made the fuel we stick in our trucks. Prices are too high that’s for sure but I don’t want to see the government regulate it. If they did we’d be paying what they pay in Europe.

One thing I would like to see the government change is hate crimes.

If I walked up to a white guy and punched him in the nose I, as a white man, am guilty of assault and should be punished for whatever the court says assault perpetrators get sentenced at.

If I did the same thing to a gay man (doesn’t mater what color), or any other person who isn’t white I would not only have the assault charge but extra time would be added on because it is also a hate crime. It gets better though. If a white man was the victim of the same crime perpetrated by a gay or non-white its just assault. After all only white people feel hate when they commit a crimes.

If the founding Fathers could see us now…

Steve

PS: Al, the media shows you what they want you to see...

I got to install a new pumping system at an oil storage depot in Milwaukee(the electrical part) and was told that there are two forms of gas, regular and premium.The mid grade just has more additives added to the regular blend.The system is just pre programed to add the additives that the different companies want to their product when the tank trucks are filled.
I wish I could have tapped into a line while I was there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Al- Yes, gas prices are an issue. But, how are they different than the rising costs of every other thing? Food, medicine, insurance, cars, clothes, electricity, water, the list goes on. How many miles to the galon do you get in what ever you drive?

Gays wanting the rules changed just for them is very different. What if all the bigomist decide that they are not being treated fair? Or what about the guy that wants to marry his sister? Should we be worried about that?

I for one am worried about the moral decline of our country.

To many Americans are too content to be "fat, dumb, and happy". "I don't care as long as I have a everything I want". Or, "I don't care since it really doesn't affect me".

Sometimes you have to take a stand for something because it is the RIGHT thing to do, if for no other reason.

Gay's HMMMMMMMMMM
I sure dont agree with their life style, but the truth is they are as normal and productive as the rest of us.
I do get a laugh out of you homophobes out there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Every one of you have gay relatives (brothers, sisters, cousins, aunts, uncles or what ever, in your families. Like it or not, its fact, do you go around and punch them in the nose every time you get near them? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Like I said, I don't agree with the same sex relationship, but when you meet polite well meaning people, you have no idea if their gay. I would be willing to bet that there are poeple that you work with or friends you know ( think you know ) that are gay, and you except them with no thought of them being gay.....

Im sure there are some right here on this board that are gay, whats the big deal, are you going to go and start weeding them out, maybe even punch them in the nose :rolleyes:

What Yellowhammer wrote;
or what about a guy that wants to marry his sister!!!
I heard that only happens in Texas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I was told that the offsprings get really cofused about who their father is, so they call him UNCLE DADDY /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Quote: "Every one of you have gay relatives". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

America is, supposedly, a free society.

One of the most difficult things about being free is allowing the other guy to be free.

"Stand up for what's right."

It's one thing for an individula to stand up and say "I think this is wrong. I do not approve of it and I will not accept it."

It's another to use the force of law to prohibit it.

Murder and theft, to use but 2 examples, are both sins. However, they are not illegal because they are sins, they are illegal because they are actions that violate the rights of others. To murder someone, you deprive him of his life without just cause. To steal, you violate his property rights.

Now I understand people who hold the beliefs that homosexuality is a sin. It'll get your soul damned for eternity, so says the Bible. But as I see it, that is an issue for the individual and his or her God.

Not the state. The federal govt is not in the business of saving souls. That's work for the churches.

I hold the fundamental value system that the govt should stay out of our private business. It should serve to protect our rights and properties from the encroachment of others, including the govt itself. Something that some may view is wrong is not necessarily something to be made illegal, unless it can be shown to harm another.

So far, I simply have not been able to see where it harms anyone else what 2 consenting adults do in private.

I do think that marriage is a specific institution which has certain meanings and purposes. I don't think that it is a good idea to redefine it. I'm also aware that over the course of history, marriage has included defenitions that we in America no longer recognize as valid. That begs the question: Are those definitions truly invalid, simply because our society long ago chose to ban them?

"Stand up for what's right."

That's what Sarah Brady thinks she's doing. That's what PETA members think they're doing.

They wish to use the power of law to forbid us from owning guns or from hunting.

We know they're wrong, but from their point of view, they're standing up for what's right.

We need to be careful what we ask for. We may get it. Others think standing up for what's right means limiting the vehicles we can drive, or what food we can eat -or how much-, or how much money we should be allowed to earn, how much and how often we exercise, the list goes on.

Something to think about.

Bud Nadeau,

Are you sitting down?

For once you and I are going to agree on something!

I do know people who are gay. Other than not liking apposing anatomy parts on their partners they are as normal as you and I, but I still don’t agree with their life style.

The ones I have a problem with are the militant in your face gays. Kissing and groping in public, dressing provocative to draw attention, and telling me I have to accept them as “normal”, when they are anything but normal.

I’m not a gay basher but I don’t see why they need to keep throwing their life style in my face. Of the gay population it is only a small minority that does get militant but that small minority is 100% too much for me.

I also agree with Yellowhammer, it is time for the silent majority to get off the couch and stand up for what they believe is right.

Steve

I sure dont agree with their life style, but the truth is they are as normal and productive as the rest of us.
TRUTH???
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Spreading aids is normal and productive? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Normal for freaks.

I do get a laugh out of you homophobes out there. Every one of you have gay relatives (brothers, sisters, cousins, aunts, uncles or what ever, in your families. Like it or not, its fact, do you go around and punch them in the nose every time you get near them?
Believe it or not,your family is not the norm.Everyones family does not have the freak gene running in the DNA. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

You sound like you've contemplated enguaging in these issues and now feel weird yourself.You think that if we pat you on the back[not butt]and tell you its just normal,everything will be alright.What happend?Hemroids flair up? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Sorry,your view is not normal.

pic23056.jpg

"Stand up for what's right. That's what Sarah Brady thinks she's doing. That's what PETA members think they're doing.
I guess I'm in the same class as these now?

I guess if you are one of those that believes that there is not absolute right or wrong, then you would have that opinion.

I'm not saying right based on what I think, but right based on what God thinks is right. If you don't believe in God, then maybe you would except what nature says is right.

Stu- If 2 consenting adults are smoking dope int their basement, what's the big deal? Maybe we should allow that too?

I didn't say you're in the same class. But if you think it over and decide that your reasoning on this -or some other issue- works in the same way that theirs does, well, there ya go.

You answer that it's right or wrong, based on your belief in God.

You may not have thought about this, but there are people who believe in God, but who do not believe the same doctrines that you do. Some religions do not regard homosexuality as wrong.

So on who's religion do we write the law on? Yours, or theirs? And why do we choose one over the other?

IMHO, the worst oppression people endure is that of other, well meaning people, who wish to save them from themselves.

Please tell me, how are you personally harmed by what these people do in their own homes?

Stu,

Do you really know of a religion that condones or accepts homosexuality?

Barry,

You’re killing me! We do need to meet someday over a beer!

Steve

I could be wrong, but I think Wicca does.

It really doesn't matter what any religion thinks. There's that little matter of the first ammendment. What shreds are left of it and our constitution, anyway.

I can't go to DC, Bible in hand, and demand that we pass any law simply because the Bible says that's how it oughta be. It won't fly, and rightfully so. We have, by design, a secular government.

On a related note, it's now reported that the CA supreme court has refused to halt thes so-called marriages. I think that the court is wrong in this, and I think the elected officials who are issuing licenses and performing weddings are also wrong. They were elected and took an oath to uphold the laws of that state. If citizens think the laws are wrong, there are various clearly defined processes by which they can go about changing it. When the people who are, as a condition of their employment, charged with following and upholding the law, chooses to selectively break it, they have become criminals.

They should be removed from office and prosecuted by whatever means is appropriate under state law.

Quote: "So far, I simply have not been able to see where it harms anyone else what 2 consenting adults do in private."
The victimless crime syndrome. If there's no victim, how can it be a crime, right?
What about the internet cannibal? Although the prosecution concedes the killing was carried out with Brendes consent, Meiwes is still being charged with murder and faces a life sentence if convicted.
So maybe what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their basement can be illegal and considered a crime.

Stu,

I've never heard of the Wicca religion.

And yes the enlighten ones in the judicial branch of government in the once great state of Kalifornia are again deciding which laws they will enforce and which ones they feel are legislative mistakes.

We recalled Gray Davis; it's time to recall the whole city of San Fag-Cisco and the so-called Kalifornia Supreme Court.

Problem is there are not many here who feel as I do.

Free America; feel free to liberate us any time you want!

From the Occupied Territories,

Steve

That's a pretty extreem comparison. A man was killed, so there was demonstrable harm to another. How often does that happen? There was a victim. A willing one, but still a victim.

Let's try and keep it to the realm of what people are doing. 99.9% or more of gays are not cannibalising each other, and I'm not aware of anyone trying to legalize that.

I'll repeat the question, open for anyone:

How does what 2 consenting adults do in private directly harm you? They're not killing each other, they're not cannibalising each other. They're having sex and doing all the other things people in a relationship do.

We're not talking about minors, pedophiles, etc. We're talking consenting adults.

(edited for "poor taste") /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Back