Cleaning brass

multistage

Have had stuff in storage for some time. I have a 300 H&H that I had built about 10 years ago, and hoarded all the brass for it I could get. Have about 300 rounds in sealed Winchester bags, but had about 300 loose in a shoebox. And there it sat. The loose rounds now have a bit of corrosion on them. Shame on me. Nothing major or green. A guy recommended that I go over them with Flitz. I have, and the results are very good. How much brass do you think this stuff is peeling off? I have to save as many as possible, as the 300 H&H is hard to find brass for, other than the very expensive Norma or Nosler stuff. Is Flitz OK to use as polish? Or am I weakening the case by removing too much?

If you try real hard you might be able to remove a ten thousanth of an inch. Since normal tolerances are several thousandths, you do not need to worry about it.

Jack

hit em w/ steal wool (fine grit) lee makes a cheap case holder that will go into a drill motor.... get em spinin and hit em w/ the wool should work fine...believe there is 1 4 300 h&h.....

Back