25-06 powder charge questions

p5200

I purchased H-4350 powder and CCI primers loaclly. The bullets I have on my order are these. http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=000071628 I need some suggestions on how many grains of powder charge would be a safe starting point? My Lyman 49th Edition manual recommends 47 grains as starting point but, it lists Nosler 100 grain SP bullets. Will this make a difference in min/max powder charges since I am going to be using a different bullet than the one listed in my Lyman manual but still, the same bullet weight? Thanks!
smile.gif

I would start off at 50g and go up, accuracy will be between 52-53g, usually, use a Win primer. Shoot 3 shot groups and don't overheat the barrel.

Originally Posted By: pyscodog53grs of H-4350 and an 87gr. Berger, very accurate. I'll have to try that Thanks!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: pyscodog53grs of H-4350 and an 87gr. Berger, very accurate.

I am getting ready to order some Bergers, I may have to try those. I already have some H4350

kevlars

My 25-06 likes the 87 grain berger charged with a moderate load of RL-19. I am still tweaking this load. Anyone have any experience with 87 grain bergers on coyotes. I assume that it is not fur friendly? how does it compare to say the 85 nosler ballistic tip?

I haven't tried the load on critters yet, but a friend showed me a photo of one he shot. Diffently no fur friendly and the yote didn't like it very well either. BIIIIIG Exit!

Back