Chance to buy back my favorite rifle....

huntnpa

I bought a tikka t3 varmint back in 2006 for $489, new. The gun was the best shooting most accurate rifle i owned. Through lifes misfortunes i had to sell it.
Long story short.....a good friend bought it from the place i sold at with out me knowing. I now have the chance to buy it back. So heres the dilema, my buddy wants $550 for it as thats what he paid the dealer for it. Can i put a price tag on an accurate rifle that is a known shooter?

What do i do buy it or pass?

Sure-buy it back. I think you got real lucky having a buddy buy it . And I hope that you will never need to sell that or any of your other guns again due to money needs.

What you paid for it the first time around is not relevant any more.

Do you want it badly enough now to pay the current asking price. IMHO, if you have a chance to get an old friend back for only $61 premium, I'd go for it and never look back!

If you truely like the rifle (missed it) and you can afford it now, I think go for it. (what do they cost new now?)Like someone else mentioned I hope your not faced with hard times like that again. I myself have parted with a few firearms due to finances, wish I could get them back.My very first shotgun for example(Ithica single shot 20ga super single if Im not mistaken), and a Colt pistol King Cobra 6" SS polished so bright it almost looked chrome.

Were it me, it would be in my house tonight...
thumbup1.gif

Im gonna get my baby back! Loved that gun and i know he didnt shoot it more than a handful of times!! I'm so pumped.

Thanks guys!

I think that all of us would love to have your opportunity with "the one that got away". It almost never happens that you have a second chance. Jump on it.
Harvey7

Yeah buy it for sure. I had to sell a shot gun when I was younger. I kick myself for doing it, but at the time I had to do what I had to do.

Mark2

$61 Heck you might have beat inflation on that one.

Dang I checked, and it's double the inflation rate.

Still a good friend is worth that much at least.

I wish I had that opportunity....I would REALLY have to dislike a weapon before I sold it anymore. (Having done that and regretting it ever since)

As mentioned some times you just have to do what you have to do to get by.

I went through a divorce 18 years ago. I had a Colt Diamond Back in 38 special that I had bought in 1978 and had shot very little. Needing money to pay lawyers and everything else that goes with a divorce I sold the Colt to a buddy with the deal that if he ever got rid of it I had first dibs on it. I let him have it for $550 and he called me a few days ago and asked if I wanted it back he had never even shot it. Long story short he kept it for 18 years never shot it and let me have it back for $600 pretty good friend I would say. Looks brand new still.

Yep we all have the kick are self syndrome. I pawned a remington 700 ADL 22-250. My dad bought it for me my 7th grade year for making the A-B honor roll. first and only time that happened. And only because i wanted a rifle like dad had. Well i lost it in pawn and have tryed to track that rifle down many times. I lost it for under 300.00 and if i could find that rifle and knew it was my old rifle i would pay what ever it took to buy it back. I have sold so many guns that i wish i had back that it makes me sick to think about most of the time.
Good friends are hard to come by keep you good buddys and your guns and all will be good.

I would get it back as well. i only have 2 guns that i could kick myself for selling. the last one was the Rem 700 VLS 22-250 that i bought from a guy on here and like a moron sold...really wish i wouldnt have
the one that i really regret was an old winchester model 94 pre 94 serial gun in 30-30 that my dad had...it was the first rifle i ever shot and deer hunted with. dad gave it to me and like an idiot i sold it to a friend of my older brothers. he still has the gun and i have offered many times to buy it back from him but he wont sell it now. dont know why he cant hit the broad side of a barn with nothin and never shoots it. only time he shoots is when he comes to our place once a year to deer hunt for a weekend or two. one of these days ill get that thing back somehow

UPDATE.............
I bought the rifle back a few months ago, problem is it wouldnt shoot as consistant as it once did.

So i pulled the barrel sent it to Lilja and they are gonna match the profile in a 20 cal 1:12 ss barrel. Then around the first of Feb. Bob Green is gonna assemble it with my 20 tactical reamer!

Cant wait!

Back