Monocular?

TripleDeuce660

I'm interested in getting a monocular. The purpose is mostly for rabbit hunting.I use a rifle with iron sites. The problem is often I think there is a rock in the road and its actualy a rabbit. I need something to check out suspected rabbits, i'm wasteing ammo shooting at rocks!

I prefer a monocular. I just never liked binos. Plus they would be about twice the size. I am intersted in the very lightweight and small aspect I could carry it on my neck like a predator call and it would also come in handy when calling predators instead of glassing with the scope which can be dangerous.

So what are the options? Only ones I found localy are at big five they are very cheap but you get what you pay for with optics is my feeling. Not sure what my budget is yet.

Looking for maybe a power of atleast 6 maybe up to 10.

my max shooting distance for rabbits is 100-150 yards but most rabbits I would glass aree going to be 50-100 yards.

what do ya'll think?

My experience is limited however here's what it is..I have a Tasco 8x21-#565BCR,,383 FOV @1000 yards..rubber camo. Just used it to check our choc lab @ 200' or so in the yard and while not a rabbit, clear definition..eyes, etc. I do not use this monocular much as have much better tools..binoculars, scoped firearms etc.

My Leica 1200 RF has a great 7X monocular component but not something you'd probably take bunny hunting[ size and weight]

All that to say this..find and try an inexpensive monocular such as my old Tasco...you may be surprised. You may want go re-think over 8X - I jumped on some quality 12X binoculars years ago..still have them but went back to 8X..funny you get old ..and so do your eyes, LOL.

Back