Savage 111 FCXP3 scope base (rounded rear or flat)?

Nic_58

Can someone tell me what the receiver on the Savage 111 FCXP3 cheapy package guns are like, in particular, is the receiver rounded front and rear or is the rear flat? I'm referring to the long action non Accutrigger model also.

Originally Posted By: DeathPenaltyPre-accutrigger is a flat rear, round front.

It'll have a round rear. Savage quit making the flat rear reciever around the time they began designating short and long calibers seperately ie. 10/110. The current (non-accutrigger) Stevens and the non-accutrigger model 11/111's (package guns) will have a round front and rear.

Quote:It'll have a round rear. Savage quit making the flat rear reciever around the time they began designating short and long calibers seperately ie. 10/110. The current (non-accutrigger) Stevens and the non-accutrigger model 11/111's (package guns) will have a round front and rear.

Thanks for the info! I have a young nephew who purchased one of these guns last year. The scope and mounts are pitiful as would be expected in a package gun. He has since bought a Nikon scope and is going to get Warne rings and bases for it. I'm not sure he was understanding what I was trying to explain to him about the rounded/flat receiver and me not being able to see the gun at this time was making it difficult for me to determine what bases to tell him to get.

Back