WI CCW Overide Vote Feb 3rd

muskrat30

Several years of work to get a CCW bill in WI come down to Feb 3rd. The dem gov vetoed the bill. The state senate has done the 2/3rd vote to overide. The state assembly will vote next week on it.

There is tremendous pressure from gov Doyle on a few democratic assembly rep's to vote against the bill. If you guy's from CCW states could hear the rhetoric from the anti's claims you would be flabbergasted(whatever that is). The lady on TV the other day said "if this passes there will be more rapes". The scare tactics are at a fever pitch. Of course all the usual talk of 'the wild west & road rage shootings' is all over the place.
This is all for one of the most restrictive CCW laws in the nation.

All the republicans plan to vote for it. The dems have a plan to let a few of their vulnerable people vote for it, & let a few fall on their sword to keep it from passing. It would take 7 dems I believe to pass. There has not been a gov overide here in 19 or 23 years.

I want it to pass because it's right, & also to more easily carry a handgun while out hunting & trapping, and for travel in reciprical states.

I am not saying anyone has to call, but in case someone wanted to know. One of the guys who may fall on his sword is Gary Sherman a state rep from way up north by lake superior/ Bayfield county. He wrote a column in a paper as recently as last Nov(03) in strong support of this bill. He has also voted for it in the past. He comes from a place with a very high pecentage of hunters & shooters. His office is 888-534-0074.

If this doesn't pass I plan to buy a new handgun.

Back