Spring for Savage Edge trigger?

Frank44

The trigger pull on my new Savage edge was off the scale on the trigger pull gauge. I worked on the sear, and cut a few coils off the trigger spring. The pull is still over 5 Lbs. Anyone know where to find a lighter spring. The only one the same diameter that I found at the Hardware Store was the same weight. You could put a pin in the hole in the trigger to hold the spring in place. the O.D. of the spring is .25"
Frank

Clip two coils off the other spring. Then take the trigger out and polish it with a felt wheel on a dremel and some red rouge. There were still casting marks on mine, so I figured it would be prudent to make them go away. After that I took the polish to the sear, and am left with a really crispy 3.5 lbs, no creep.

I got the trigger down to 4 Lbs. I think I will go with an after market trigger. It shoots under 1" at 200 yards with Hornady .223 55g V-Max factory ammo. I will only use it for varmints so I want a 1 1/2 Lb trigger. Thanks for your help.
Frank

I'm questioning the platform's ability to shoot better than 1/2 MOA, even with an insanely light trigger. I could be wrong, and I'm surely not bashing the platform, actually I am quite the advocate for it. I just think you may end up in the realm of diminishing returns if you are already shooting it that well.

The 1" groups were not counting the occasional flyer which I could call, and blamed on the 4 Lb trigger. The groups were actually smaller than my wobble zone looked in the 12X scope. I was shooting off the ATV in a gravel pit. My 70 year old eyes ain't what they use to be. I ordered a Sharp Shooter Competition trigger that I can adjust down to 1 LB. (like a set trigger you don't have to set). I will only use the gun for varmints, and paper.
Frank

Uh-oh... Sharpshooter Supply has said quite vocally that they will not make a product for the Edge, period. I think you bought a great trigger, but it'll be great in the Model 10 you don't own.

The Sharpshooter trigger came today I had it installed in 20 min. The sear did not reach the trigger so I removed it, and sent it back to Brownells for a refund. Sharpshooter said "at this time we will not modify it for the Edge, or make anything for the edge." Like you said only I didn't hear it in time. Thanks for the information.
Frank

Back