Cheap ar

riverboss

What is the most accurate ar for the least amount of money? Im thinking about getting my first ar and dont know squat about them all i know is it will be a 223 and i want a 18-20 in barrel.

As with most things, trying to get the "most" for the "least" is largely a pipe dream.

One of the things that makes a more than normally accurate AR is a custom barrel. That's hundreds extra. Another biggy is the trigger. That can also run several hundred dollars. Then there's the fully adjustable butt stock, free float tube, etc, etc, etc.

Unfortunately, "most accurate" and "least amount of money" don't generally belong in the same sentence with ARs or any other rifle. Sure wish it were different, but reality sucks sometimes.

well now ? maybe a cheaper model. i built a mutt/parts gun. thats amazingly accurate.

rock/river lower . with two-stage match trigger.

A1 stock, [vietnam era stock] it was really cheep..[free].

and a bushmaster government profile 20'' 1-7 twist, rifle upper, and just plain ol' standard handguards.

with hornady TAP 75 grainers, she'll stack em in there.

if im rememember ? crs sorry.

235 for barrel 80 for reciver, 120 for BCG.

lower was 100 ? and a lower parts kit. and the two stage trigger. 110 bucks ? or something like that....

somewheres around 6 or 7 hundred. shoots AWSOME,
smile.gif

but it took a long long time, a part here, a part there.
so it really didn't hurt the bank too bad.

if your not in a hurry, just take your time, buy one piece at a time.

i just love the bloody thing, best shootin AR i've ever had the plesure to fire, and the best part, is... she's mine !! and paid for !!! lol.

peabody

hey ? also ? i stuck some parts together here a week or so ago....

used a PLUM CRAZY lower, from brasshound,

139 bucks.

BCG from brasshound , 110 bucks.

used pencil barrel upper 1-12 twist from evil lurker. 175 bucks.

one new gas tube. rifle length, 10 bucks.

dang thing shoots better than i can , thats for sure. somerwers around 400 dollars ? and it was pretty cheep.

shoots great.

peabody

I have heard good things about the CMMG bargain bin rifles, I have a couple DPMS rifles that are nice, a sportical and a 20" A2.

Get a complete kit from Model 1, M&A or one of the plethora of others.

Get a complete lower and presto, instant AR.

I dont know of any cheaper way to go?

If you can put together a tv stand you can put together one of these.

And if ya cant, then learn.

Every red blooded American male should know his way around the workings of a rifle.

Cause we're sure as [beeep] going to need em....

Thanks guys but youve kind of got me dizzy uppers and lowers. im lost i was thinking more like Rockriver compared to DPMS-or R15 and S&W i see rock river on buds gun site and they are cheap i dont want a piece of junk and im about as dumb as Obama on this stuff.

now as said above... a rifle kit, is a good way to start.

del-tom or model one sales. gob's of them out there.

and you'll learn pretty quick, what you like and dont like,

the guys on here will help in anyway they can to walk you through any issues you may have.

me i started out with an old bushy carbine..[still have it]
took it apart several times just tinkering. bought a few tool's . and . still learning.lol.

its a great hobby.

peabody

There are some good deals on the S&W mp15 going around. I purchased one from gander mountain for $854. That price includes a 100 rebate. Rebate took 3 weeks. I am happy with it. It shoots around an inch +/- at 100yrds, with 52gr blackhills match grade ammo.

Quote:Im sorry Buds has Double Stars cheap anyone know anything about them?

They make a good receiver set, if that's what you're talking about. Nice machine work and finish.

I've built a couple of DoubleStars from lowers, kits, and parts. They are gtg.

Also saw S&W OR15s in the lastest CDNN ad for $599 after $100 rebate. That's a sweet deal if your looking for a chome lined rig.

I think one of the best values is DTECH. Purchase a lower from DPMS or RRA and then purchase an upper from DTECH. It is a wonderful value for a normal AR price.

There are so many choices it is confusing. All of the responses have good suggestions. I will throw another one out. I would take a look at the DPMS Oracle. I saw one in a shop for $814 last week and I imagine you could find one cheaper on the net. I have a Sportical and it is a great little rifle. I think the Oracle would be even better with the foward assist and dust cover. DPMS doesn't get much respect but mine(2) have always worked for me. Maybe if I put 1000s of rounds per week or month through them they wouldn't hold up but I doubt it. TnTnTn

I bought a DPMS Oracle from Bud's for $699 plus another $15 off for some kind of 'special' sale I stumbled onto at the time. That was back in May.
Some kind of 'moving' sale????
Bud's has a sale on doublestars goin on the last time I looked at his site. Sumpin like $659. These rifles are made in Winchester KY, about 15 miles south of Paris KY.
Have heard good things about these too.
Just checked Bud's site & the Doublestars are still on sale.

Last edited:
Back