Few pics of a bear hunt

Duane@ssu

Earlier this week I met up with Trapper, and Devin.Trap had to head out so he took 3 pups and headed south, I had been 875 miles and 3 hours sleep, so I stayed with Devin, we visited, took care of dogs and mules, and after a little nap left out at daylight after a nuisance bear.We didn't catch the bear,(85degrees by noon) But we had more fun than 3 kids skippin school.
Devin, Thanks again for having me.
Bearhunt6.jpg

Bearhunt5.jpg

Bearhunt4.jpg

Bearhunt3.jpg

Bearhunt2.jpg

Bearhunt1.jpg

Bearhunt7.jpg

Yes, I am riding a mule.
tt2.gif
I ain't proud, I'll ride anything that can get the job done, and I must admit, these mules went thru stuff I would have walked around afoot.I had a blast. Duane

HOM%20-%20Banner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like some good times there fellas. Wish i could have made the trip but i'm still waitin on the truck and gas money.

Hopefully i'll be out before its all over Devin....don't hold your breath though.

Like i told ya, i'll get all the deer and elk out of your way so you can just worry about runnin bear.

Nice pics by the way, thanks for postin them.

That sure is some pretty country. Sorry you couldn't hook up on that bear. Nice to see you "boys" had a good time.

Jason, we are making plans for you, me and Devin to meet at a central location this winter to run lions.
Get your ducks in a row by then.Haha.
I don't wanna have to come to your house and "hobble" ya,
your to dam stout.

Duane, sounds like a good time waitin to be had. We better start figuring when are where we are gonna get together now or it will be like everythin else i try to do...a mess.

Don't worry buddy im dumb slow and all head and belly pretty easy to hobble....lol

I'll bet we could get a pretty wild crowd to go and have a hunting party. What do you think about Nevada? We go out there a few times a year and have always had a good time.

Take care, jason

We are talking about a spot there, should be same, same distance for all of us, I'll send ya a pm, or we'll talk on the phone. I might be a "dumb cowboy", but I ain't gonna post a good lion spot on the open board.
I gotta get back to bailin tonite, I'll catch up with ya in a few days.

Originally Posted By: cbosshog79Looks like a heck of a good time man, great pictures!

BTT for HOM nomination...

Hunter of the month......LOL!!! They didn't even catch anything...they just rode around on them long eared donkeys tryin to encourage each other.

"These donkeys are mighty sure footed critters Duane" "Yep, and their pretty too, even with these big dang ears Devin" "Couldnt agree more Duane" "Lets just keep ridin and admirin these beautiful critters Devin" "I couldn't think of anythin better to do, other then slam my hand in the truck door Duane" "Lets ride Devin"

Ok....i will vote cus i feel bad they had to ride donkeys all day looong.

Take care, jason

Jason, Sounds like you were there????
thumbup.gif

I'm no HOM, just a trailrider, that was lucky enough to not fall off.
grin.gif

What about the lion hunt this winter???
Call me when you get a chance, I'm in, in the evenins,no hay to cut for two weeks. Duane

Back