another successful hunt

rabiddog

Well went yesterday with a guy i know, he had a spot right up the road from my house.
Made our 1st stand right at 1st light. After calling for about 5 minutes the Coyotes started howling from behind us......at least 4, sounded like 2 young 1s and 2 adults.
a few minutes later had this young female running and bounding right past me, i barked at her she stopped and the Tikka sounded off.
hunting227-1.jpg

Then today at 3am i got my son up and we headed for a place called Old Station East or Redding Ca. on Hwy 44.
1st stand we called a Grey Fox, i saw it coming from about 100 y out. It must have got nervous cause it circled the Mojo decoy and then it reappeared 50 yards behind it on a stump and stood there and barked for a few. We got up and it made tracks, if it were October we would have had a nice Fox.
On the way home as we were driving west on Hwy 44 i happened to look out the passenger window and spotted a Sow Brown Bear and her Cub. I turned around and dug out my camera did the only shooting i could for the day.
hunting233-1.jpg

hunting234-1.jpg

hunting232-1.jpg

All in all my son saw his first Grey Fox in the wild and his First Sow Bear and her Cub so it turned out to be a good day all the way around.

Frank

HOM%20-%20Banner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
im getting sic of seeing how succesful other peeps are! haha maybe i shouldnt bring my portable dvd player out anymore, lol jk
nice pics, that momma bear was downright ginourmus!

I hope the young ones survive without mom around. The bear is a brown colored black bear, we don't have brown bears here. I'm out past the other end of hiway 44.

t/c223encore.

Ya, i don't know that much about bears, my fault. This is only the 3rd time i saw bears while out in the woods.I just assumed it was a brown bear..... is that considered profiling?

Yep rabiddog you'll surely be frowned on by PETA for profiling bears by the color of their skin.

BTW I saw my first Black bear in the wild a couple weeks back and I'm 23. Well, and it wasn't really the "wild" as it was in a neighborhood of a mountain village digging through dumpster trash, but it was a wild bear.

Last edited:
Back