Very First Kill

Duffman121

I know you guys have stories out there of your first kill. Let's hear em!!
thumbup.gif
It doesn't have to be a predator. Let's see a few stories. What the animals, gun/bow you used, who you were with, etc.
smile.gif

Good topic Duff!
thumbup.gif
Here's the story of my first deer.
Back in 2004, when I was 7, I lived in Indiana. There was a Youth weekend season in September, so me, my dad, and my younger brother went over to our food plot and climbed up into our big treestand.
smile.gif
We sat there and saw a multitude of Squirrels, birds, and all sorts of critters. It was my first Deer hunt, and I was having a blast! We set there for about an hour, and we heard a rustle, and we saw two does working their way along the wood line about 35 yards away. Dad told when it was time to shoot, and I took a rest, cocked the CVA Wolf, put it right behind her shoulder, and let it happen! BOOOM!! The deer ran off and crashed into the woods. We climbed down the tree, and we were all so excited! We blood trailed a little way, and there she lay! My mom had heard the shot, and she came running with the camera!

http://www.jimshockey.com/preview?file=/...380&cache=0
This picture is on Jim Shockey's Kidz Korner photo gallery, and I won an autographed hat and poster, and was featured in his Newsletter.
smile.gif

We had some goodbackstraps!
smile.gif

Ben

Ben, thanks for sharing your first kill picture. I am pleased you are blessed to be growing up in such a wonderful area with your dad and brother. Your callmaking looks good too. Keep up the good work.

You are welcome as well as deserving, Ben. By the way, is the pup shown in your avatar a mountain cur and are you training him as a decoy dog? He sure is a good looking rascal. What is his name?

Thanks! His name is Cap Rountree, Cap for short, named after the Louis L'Amour character. I'm going to train him to be a decoy dog, and a coon dog mainly.
He's the one on the right.
smile.gif

4784190107_4ba8c04a12.jpg

He's a really nice pup.
smile.gif

I remember old Cap real well from the Sacketts. Ben Johnson played the part, I believe. That is one good looking dog. Hope he works out for you.

My very first kill was on a blackbird.....heres the story...
my grandpa came to visit and he and I went out with my 410 single shot shotgun. I had shot at a lot of things already but had missed them all and was down to one shell left. We were walking down the driveway when a blackbird jumped up and flew right across the driveway out in front of me when i shot it feathers were everywere but we couldnt find the bird but after 5 minutes of looking we finally found it. I was very happy.

Originally Posted By: possumalI remember old Cap real well from the Sacketts. Ben Johnson played the part, I believe. That is one good looking dog. Hope he works out for you.
Thanks! I think he will work out well.
smile.gif
Ben Johnson did a great job as Cap!

from what i remember, mine was a fox squirrel. i was about 6-7. shot it with a .22 lr. dad put it in the back seat with me. i started petting it trying to wake it up.i cried all the way home. than mom cooked it up.. delicius.still have a soft spot for fox squirrels

Back