destroyer

jlutcher51

Well I finally got home to take my sniper hawg lights destroyer. I do have to say this light is awesome. It has a nice tight beam with a very low light halo. I took it out last night and was able to pick up eyes and possitively I.D. a doe at an estimated 200 yards. This impressed me very much for a light that is only 7 inches I length. I tried taking pictures of the light output last night but my camera just wouldn't show it good enough to post. I got the destroyer with white led, on/off click switch(the offer a pressure switch), and I also got a regular push button tail switch that does high/low/off.
Here are some pics of it mounted on my 22-250
366aed5a.jpg

531e5f12.jpg

39ec476c.jpg

24e60f26.jpg

Ill see what I can do ill try to steal my girlfriends camera this weekend. Out of curiosity do you have a max wedge or is it just your name

I didn't have it mounted on the rifle but I have used my coyote special while hunting with lights that were not as bright and have had no problems. The fox in my avatar was shot in the lower jaw at 120 yards with this scope no problem

jlutcher51,
I have a question. SInce the front of the light is mounted behind the end of the scope and of course most of the barrel, doesn't the light shine off all that scope and barrel at night. I know when I have my lightforce on if I don't use my soft halo thingy it will light up the barrel etc. Just askin???

Last edited:
Now thats a nice looking predator light and thats what its built for! Its not a slash coal mining, slash coon hunting, slash predator light like some light companies are....Ill have me one of those before long
thumbup.gif
...Thanks for the update...

Chad

I would still like to know how this light holds up to the cold. Anyone who owns one care to turn it on on a fresh charge and set it in the freezer for a test for us northern hunters?

Peter this light doesn't have a really wide halo so the shine is not a huge problem. I do however have a silent halo shield on the way from jeremiah just for good measure.

Rabidhunter I can put this light to the test in the freezer if you would like. It will have to wait till this weekend though

Jlnolly I know you will be pleased with the light if you have any questions feel free to ask

Jeremiah thanks ill be looking for it.

jlutcher51 that would be great! Does there look to be any way of hooking a battery pack up to it? I have used rechargables before and only get an hour at the outside with them. But everything I see I like so far.

Yote beware I have no idea the lumens rating I just know its bright.
It uses one TR18650 battery and I plan on testing battery life at room temp and in a deep freezer tomorrow. I will keep y'all posted

Ok guys I tested the light at room temp tonight light stayed on continuously for 4 hours I think this is outstanding for a battery that is this small. I will also say that its been 4 days since I charged this battery and I've cut it on a couple times in the yard since i charged it. I'm gonna test it in the freezer tomorrow night.

1c265fc5.jpg

Well rabid you better get to ordering
thumbup.gif
I put the light in the deep freezer last night and it stayed on for 3 hours
w00t.gif
it was still on at this point and may have lasted longer but I was getting tired and stopped the test. I don't know the exact temp. The freezer is set at but I would have liked to get frost bite when I grabbed the light bare handed to pull it out.

Back