What Breed Dog are you hunting with (Pics too)

i.hunt

I am new to this yote hunting and was wondering what breed of dog most of you folks are using, I was thinking about doing some calling and using a decoy dog hehehe my wife's Chihuaua...
lol.gif

I use running walkers but I don't decoy, I run them. Most of these guys are using curs and catahoula crosses. Duane will be able to help you more.

We run Curs on Coons, and we're wanting to start decoying this year. Our female tolled a fox and another time a coyote, so they will probably do pretty well.

4784191533_7a68b8e569.jpg

Ben

I am sure your Chihuahua would work, I am sure them coyotes would choke on him for sure.........lol.

I use a Mtn Cur.

Let's see. Didn't I read here there are three methods of bring in those Yotes.

Decoy Dogs
Tolling Dogs

and

Bait Dogs.

We have one of the latter. Fox Terrier X Poodle...a Foodle. LOL

SoldierCrCur.jpg

COON1.jpg

We haven't gotten too into decoying just since we haven't had much time to seriously devote to it. Our pit is somewhat clueless to the game yet, but both times she was with us calling she drew them right in just being there.

I have a catahoula/Aussie mix. He works pretty well. Hopefully soon I'll buy a dog from either Duane or Tony. Tony sorry to hear about your losses buddy.

I just got my first decoy dog and it's a catahoula x kemmer cur from Duane. I've seen his big dogs work and they do a fantastic job.
IMG_1792.jpg

Last edited:
killcoyotes said:
i run coyotes all over ny state with ny redbones. i also hunt bear with them up in & around the booneville area. here`s a few pics.

They are some fine looking dogs there.....

I am about 25 minutes from Booneville my buddy from Remsen is big into running them.. his name is Chris G. maybe ya know him??? I use to run Walkers for coons back 20 years ago and man that was some fun stuff too....

Last edited by a moderator:
I run anything that has brains and "teeth". I breed Catahoulas x'ed with other breeds, but only proven dogs. No "pound puppies" in my kennel.No sense to breed unless you are breeding what you "think" is the best.

I am starting to train out Pup She is a 5 month old Red Heeler. She has the brains and the Focus and will make a great Decoy dog. She was flushing rabbit the other day at the park. So she has a prey drive RP

She Loves The Water
4741118776_6c720a73a8.jpg

4740481373_b16d9f7fc0.jpg

Originally Posted By: Duane@ssuGood luck Kracker!

hahaha she is quite the handful lol but she is smart and learns quick to bad she is so smart she gets in trouble lol

and Taylor thanks she is a good pup rp

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: yfzduner450I just got my first decoy dog and it's a catahoula x kemmer cur from Duane. I've seen his big dogs work and they do a fantastic job.
IMG_1792.jpg
I have a littermate to yours but mine is 1/2 Catahoula 1/4 Walker 1/4 kemmer and that 1/4 kemmer has some Plott in it, if the truth be known. So I would say more like 1/2 Catahoula and 1/2 hound. lol

Back