Stainless A2 or Stainless Smith Vortex?

d2admin

Administrator
Stainless Smith Vortex or Stainless traditional A2?

I really like the A2, but then again the Vortex looks bad azz........

Yes I know I omitted the crush washer, it was installed strictly for the picture

AR Performance 18" 6.8x43mm

aa93e5df.jpg

15d8f18f.jpg

4bdee9dc.jpg

47d66015.jpg

d44e84b0.jpg

The military dropped that "open end" design because it was a brush collector. I'm sure I'd have problems with it here, because of all the blackberries and tall grass I plow through.

If you're never going into that kind of cover, I think the Vortex is actually more effective in hiding muzzle flash. The open bottom will kick up more dirt when shooting prone, though.

For a predator rig, I'd ditch both of them and just build a stainless thread protector.

Is that a Yankee Hill float tube, with the end cap?
It's nice, whatever it is.
thumbup1.gif

It is the Midwest Industries SS Series

I plan on using it with NV, and while I like the Vortex, I really like the looks of the A2.

I hunt river bottoms, and the blackberries and vetch are waist high in some places, I refuse to mow because the deer, hogs, turkeys, ducks and predators love this little slough.

I've got the vortex on my 6.8 and my son has the A2 on his we both like the vortex better.

Never have got any brush caught in the vortex.

put a thread protector on and save yourself on the weight and added length, I took the vortex off of my 6.8 and the groups cut in half...no more catching on brush or dirt and dust cloud when I shoot prone.

Back