New Idaho wolf movie for kids

UtahRob

did you guys see this ??

another movie ( Alpha and Omega ) to brain wash our kid and adults , about a pare of wolf released into Idaho .

It looks pretty funny. I saw the preview when I went to see Dispicable Me with my friend and his daughter. I still love cartoons man. Hope I always do.

I guess I am not seeing it. Your worried that they are brain washing people into thinking its ok to relocate into Idaho. If that is your case I get your point but just want to make sure, looks like another funny kid movie to me.

my kids are already brainwashed by me and there step mom . so i have no worries there ...
thumbup.gif

Idaho has a BIG problem with the wolves . WE( most )here in Utah do not want them at all . Relocating them into any state is stupid IMO . The elk herd are being destroyed and soon the anti hunting groups will try to stop elk hunting as the numbers will be so low .

From the previews the wolves seem to hate and and try to get back to AK.

There is No way the wolves are the main cause in a decline in elk heard numbers. I'm studying wildlife management, and I don't take with any of the bush hippie bunny huger the animals are more important than us crap, but I have looked into the wolves in the north (as apposed to the Mexican wolves down here which BTW our ranchers hate like the devil and are actually keeping them in there place).

Anyways the seemingly large drop in elk in some areas in the north especially If the wolves were killing that large a number of Elk then there would be a lot more of them dead cause what is easier to kill an Elk or Cattle? Even the IDGF best claim is they are only at worst hindering herd growth not preventing it, and that study was less than truly conclusive. I'd say any real decline is probably due to other factors because the population has not been very stable, and had some major drops in the 80's and 90's.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jeepdude1987From the previews the wolves seem to hate and and try to get back to AK.

Idaho would love for them to go back to Alaska !!!

There have been some sightings In N.E. Utah and one was just killed in Franklin Basin area ,east of Preston Idaho a few weeks ago . It was just N. of the Utah Border . It was killing sheep . Idaho Elk herds are getting hit , The big bulls are being taken by the wolves right after and during the rut when they are at their weakest . And many bulls are no longer bugling ( dinner bell ) and its having a effect on there breeding habits .Bull to cow number have dropped and less cows are having babies . Also the wolves are eating the fetus right out of the cow elk and leaving the rest of the cow elk . Many times the cow elk is left there are still alive to die a slow death.

Quote''

LEWISTON, Idaho -- Biologists with the state Department of Fish and Game say wolves are the primary cause of death among a shrinking population of cow elk in northern Idaho. ''

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2008/11/idaho_fg_wolves_hitting_north.html

slide show

http://www.saveelk.com/wolf_002.htm

http://saveelk.com/wolf_092.htm

http://www.saveelk.com/

Last edited:
Question for JEEPDUDE.

Wolves show up in lolo(mont) and elk numbers drop

Wolves placed in Yellowstone park and elk numbers drop

Wolves show up at Chief Joseph area(Wyo) and elk numbers drop

Wolves show up west of meeteetse(Wyo) and elk numbers drop

Wolves show up in tetons(Wyo) and elk numbers drop

Etc, etc, etc.....on...... ad nauseum..................

What do you suppose is the root cause of those population declines? Hunters? What? Just curious.................

Last edited:
OK, my document was posted in '08 but written at the end of '06. I definitely think the wolves should have been put into a regulated hunt 3 years ago at least regardless of depredation.

But, the Idaho elk population has shown itself to be highly unstable as it is. And, the IDFG is the only respectable source your using as I've seen pro-hunting groups use just as much propaganda as anti's and I don't have time to go through and verify the save the elk claims. I believe that the elk have a detrimental effect on the population, but of the dozen or so things I've read I only see them being the straw the broke the elk population's back. So unless conditions were improving more so than

I would never have supported "reintroducing" a wolf population up there. If it was right for them to be there the wolves would have made it on there own. Black bears made it back into Texas (Big Bend National park), and they had to cross the Chihuahuan desert to get there! There even were a few wolves in Idaho before the "reintroduction" hence the quotations.

Originally Posted By: dog1whckrQuestion for JEEPDUDE.

Wolves show up in lolo(mont) and elk numbers drop

Wolves placed in Yellowstone park and elk numbers drop

Wolves show up at Chief Joseph area(Wyo) and elk numbers drop

Wolves show up west of meeteetse(Wyo) and elk numbers drop

Wolves show up in tetons(Wyo) and elk numbers drop

Etc, etc, etc.....on...... ad nauseum..................

What do you suppose is the root cause of those population declines? Hunters? What? Just curious.................

Come on , it can't just be the wolves !!! LOL

Originally Posted By: Jeepdude1987

There is No way the wolves are the main cause in a decline in elk heard numbers. I'm studying wildlife management

sorry but the minute i read that, you lost all my credibility . Now if you had been living in Idaho and doing you studies there, then i would give the above statement more clout .

Quote''
I've seen pro-hunting groups use just as much propaganda as anti's " ??????????

http://www.oregonlive.com/environment/index.ssf/2009/09/hunter_gets_inundated_with_nas.html

Last edited:
JD, I'm just going to go along believing what my actual elk hunting friends, Fish and Game friends and Fish and Wildlife friends are telling me. Reduced tag numbers, wolf dispersion and resulting wildlife losses pretty much have me convinced. Thanks for your feedback.

?? What document?? I see no document.

I have lived around wovles in the past,by the Grace of God, there are none here locally (yet).As a Rancher, and Guide, I may be alittle "anti wolf".
I could go on for days about wolves, but I wanna get back to the "movie trailer".
If you were concerned about how "dumb" John Q Public is,
read the comments below the trailer. You will be convinced that there are some real mental midgets out there.
If nothin else, the comments are good for a laugh.

I'm going to let the topic go back to the movie if anyone wants to discuss it we can start a topic or PM me.

Dog whacker I was referring to the document UtahRob posted.

Last edited:
Looks like Jeep dude has been drinking the Liberal. COOLAID.
Where I live the elk go to feed grounds in the winter and the wolves have there way with them.The Moose Pop has dropped to levels we haven't seen in years. the moose permits are way less than before the wolves were brought in. The Elk don't respond to calling like they did before the Wolves arrived.........THE WOLVES ARE DIRECTLY IMPACTING OUR BIG GAME HERDS PERIOD...........

Someone should make a movie about taking all the wolves out of Idaho, and relocating them to downtown LA or San Fran. Watch with joy as they eat all their pets, and eventually turn on the people after they run wipe out the food sources..(Not really as its not the pets fault the tree huggers are ignorant)

It was one thing when wolves were around and there were no fences, roads or barriers to hold game in. The fact is, there are barriers, it's no different than populating wolves in all the zoo exhibits, and wondering where all the animals went.

Elk and game in these locations have never seen a wolf. They have no clue until its too late. Throwing apex predators into the mix just threw game management as a whole, right out the window. Why not empty the jails of child molesters to run all the day care centers.

JC - I am completely on your side but I have a question, maybe a stupid one, other then there is less of them to come in to you why would wolves have a affect on the elk not resonding to a bugle

Wow, JC that's an Azzhat comment. I actually only find info for myself, and don't use the media as a source of info on this subject. Just cause I have a view that isn't yours I'm a liberal? If you were to say that to my face I'd probably have to bust you in the mouth.

Anyone who talks politics with me wouldn't dare say that to me. I was pissed at GWB half the time he was in office for being too centrist.

White hunter it wouldn't have an effect on them responding by coming in, but people often use bugling to locate bull elk when they bugle back.

Back