Post Pics Of Your Hunting/Predator/Varmit AR Here !!

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleI have to brag a little...My wife is an amateur artist and a pretty good one...She's gotten awards in the Amateur Class at different shows and I've been after her to put an Iguana on the buttstock of one of my ARs for some time...She surprised me for my birthday with this:

DPMSIguana.jpg

We had a Severe Thunderstorm with lots of lightening come through on Sunday and wiped out our TV reception and I got bored and had to paint something... Obviously my DPMS AR was the first to get grabbed... It went from this:

DPMSAR.jpg

To this:

DPMSPaint2.jpg

Still bored and with some paint abounding (if you are going to make a small mess, why not a bigger one?), my Armalite was the next to hit the table....It went from this:

ArmaliteAR.jpg

to this:

ArmalitePaint2.jpg

Just had to brag on the wife a little...

Looks like you both have a little Artistic Talent, Looks Great

Here is my built AR, compact and short for hunting coyotes here in TN. mountains--total cost=$593.00, scope $64.00
TIMBERDOGAR-15.jpg

Last edited:
This my .223 I built 5 or 6 years ago on a Doubelstar lower. It has a RRA 2-stage trigger and a lead weight in the stock, tipping the scales at over 16 pounds empty - yes it's a bench gun. I have taken it on a couple of prairie dog hunting trips and have been very pleased with it.
varmint01.jpg

This is a .204 Ruger I am in the process of building. It's missing a few parts - namely a gas block and tube. I also want to get a better trigger and I haven't decided yet if I will keep it on the Cav-Arms lower in this picture. If I do, I will likely camo-paint the whole thing.
varmint02.jpg

This is one I put together in case I ever get the opportunity to hunt coyotes again. It's an RRA mid-length 16" upper on a Bushmaster lower.
varmint03.jpg

Last edited:
photo1-1.jpg

Armalite Eagle Arms AR10 in .308 with a Pride Fowler rapid reticle RR800-1 3x9x42 calibrated out to 800yds.
Dang thing is heavy, I realy need to get an AR15 camo carbine...

Sorry about the picture taken from work, it's currently the only one I have downloaded.

I finally got around to painting my .204 AR after stripping it of the original paint job....It's certainly not 'cammod';;;

0312.jpg

But then, Prairie Dogs don't care what shoots them...

Well I thought you might like to see, I just got it put togeather today so I dont have a range report! But I will tomorrow Maybe. But for a light weight Truck Gun I think she will work.

S&W M&P OR Upper on a RockRiver Lower, Badger tacticle Latch, Larue LT-104 Mounts, Vltor SASE Receiver End Plate Loop Sling Mount and something on its way to take care of the Noise problem, but is going to be a little waite for paper work....
The Scope is a 4.5-14x50 Nikon Buckmasters and will be changed out after some loads are worked up and then probly a Leupold VXII 1-5x20 will be on her.

Hope ya enjoy.......

004-37.jpg

Magpul MOE forearm with Picatinny rails>

005-31.jpg

Magpul MOE Buttstock>

006-27.jpg

Thought I'd throw in my Predator AR as well....

ArmalitePaint2.jpg

Armalite upper with a tuned CMMG lower, 3-12x Sightron scope and LaRue mount..

And my DPMS competition AR...(Old Faithful)...With it's new paint job...

DPMSPaint1.jpg

Quote:I would have thought a Turtle might be more appropriate.... I'm not a "Turtle" all the time... Iguanas have longer tongues and catch more food faster than Turtles...
tt2.gif

Both of mine have Dtech built uppers.

The first is an OLY SUM in .223 w/20" fluted barrel, 1:8 twist, Rock River Lower w/ 2 stage NM trigger, Burris FFII 3-9x40 Ballistic Plex, and Armalight mount.

BigTom3-2-07.jpg

BrushyCoyote2-5-10.jpg

The other is a A4 Rock River in .223w/18" fluted 1:8 twist on a Stag lower with RR 2stage NM trigger, Armalight mount, and a Burris FFII 4.5-14x40 Ballistic Plex.

CastlCoyote7-08.jpg

They work good on the hogs too.

ARhog2-12-10.jpg

ARhogs9-08.jpg

Back