fx3 vs fury

titansfan2104

Just curious if these two calls are identical except for features and remotes. Mainly interested if its the same speakers and the sound coming from each are identical . Also does an external speaker run off an amp in the call or is it built into speaker.

Originally Posted By: titansfan2104Ok. That answers my biggest ?? Thanks

Man, I dont know for sure as to the real difference but I wouldn't trade my FX3 for any other model. If they cant hear it, then theres no hope for them ever hearing anything. It cranks and works real well. The only issue I have with the FX3 is not knowing where your volume level is as there is no indicator on it. That stinks but I've gotten used to it. Love that machine!

The FX3 is what I use to say was the best value for any ecaller out there at around 340-360 used.

What I do not understand is the FX5 was a 200 dollar upgrade and they only get about 30 bucks more for them on ebay now.

So for the volume thing if you wanted to get a volume indicator and remote with more options you could sell your FX3 on ebay and pick up a FX5 for about 30-40 bucks.

Hammer

Originally Posted By: possumalFury has a stereo amp and is much louder. it might just be me but I don't think there is a bit of difference in the volume of the two calls. That's just me , volume level seemed identical

The Foxpro Firestorm looks like a great deal to me for $419.95. It has a better looking remote than my FX5 and it is about $280.00 less than I paid for my new FX5 three years ago. I am not complaining, I got more than my moneys worth the first season I used my FX5.

The Firestorm with the new remote, two preset sounds, Foxbang and holding 50 sounds is very close to being a FX5.

If you want more volume get a Foxpro SP-55 external speaker.

Well actually I was just wondering if it was basically the same hardware just a different remote!! I was gonna wait a few months because I just sold my fx3 but I ended up getting a nib fury for 425 shipped. It was missing the transfer cable but it seems to be flawless otherwise. I needed some fresh charged batteries because when I turned the volume up to about 80+ % , the green light would flicker and would distort a little. I have the big sp108. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the foxpro 12 v gell cell ???

The Fury is much louder than the FX3. If you are having battery problems, you might not be getting full performance. I have not had experience with the Foxpro 12V gel cell but have used similar batteries with good results. If you plan on using that SP108 speaker much at high volume, I believe you would be better pleased with a 12V gel cell battery.

Originally Posted By: possumalThe Fury is much louder than the FX3. If you are having battery problems, you might not be getting full performance. I have not had experience with the Foxpro 12V gel cell but have used similar batteries with good results. If you plan on using that SP108 speaker much at high volume, I believe you would be better pleased with a 12V gel cell battery. I may have been a lil quick to jump the gun. My ears couldn't tell much difference , but like I said when turned up about 80% the green light started blinking. So assumed the batt were low???? But I'm thinking I will be packing It in a pack anyways but the 108 speaker mainly be for crow hunting. It's a lil bigger than I expected when I bought it lol.

That SP108 is great for crow hunting. You will love it for that purpose. The Fury has plenty of power to do it justice. You might want to consider a SP-55 or a TOA 10W speaker if you feel you need more volume coyote hunting. Some fellows have the deployment bag from Yoter's Den that is set up for the Fury plus a SP-55 speaker. That sets you up perfectly for using stereo sounds.

You wasn't kidding possum. I charged the batteries and played it in the house , and that thing screams. volume 15 was amazing and when I cranked it up to 35-40 , I had to leave the room. Lol. With that 108 hooked up it would literally pierce your ears. Crystal clear sound from the big boy also.!! I'm excited now.

Now you got it titansfan2104. As best my old ears could judge, the Fury was as loud at volume 25 as the FX-5 was at 40. Naturally, it allows you to get high volume without distortion. I used one of those SP108 speakers for crow hunting and I believe they came from the next zip code.

Good hunting at ya!

Back