help identifying a redfield scope. **PICS ADDED**

SeanE

Custom Call Maker
I recently bought a remington 700 bdl custom deluxe in 243 that came with a redfield, fixed 12 on it. The scope is obviously old, has a fine reticle, and side focus from 75 to 600 yards. Its in perfect condition, but other than a serial number and stamping around the eye piece, there are no identifying marks. I wanna sell this scope and put newer glass on this gun. Can anyone tell me more about this scope, and what it may be worth?

Ok, I will have to load one up later, I'm at work now. Thanks. One more thing, the stamping around the eyepiece says redfield gunsight company denver colorado. But I think a lot of them do

I found this scope on ebay, its identical, except mine is a fixed 12, where this is a fixed 10. Other than that the two are identical

Flebay #120523670638

Last edited:
Sorry for the picture quality, had to take these with my phone. If there is anything in particular you need to see, let me know. The side focus is kind of weird, its not something you would want to continually adjust. The button has to be pushed in and turned to adjust.

As you can tell, it needs a good dusting, I can't find a scratch on it anywhere, haven't had the rings off of it yet, so I'm not sure what it looks like under there.

[img:left]
17cffd73.jpg
[/img]

5c7cdc55.jpg
[/img]

ed41e60c.jpg
[/img]

Last edited:
That is an old scope and I believe your ebay reference is accurate except for the price... Scopes have come a long way in the past 30-40 years and most want the newest and latest stuff. I would be surprised if your value will exceeded $100 - there are few "scope collectors"

Thanks, I was pretty sure that guy was way out in left field on what he was wanting. I've got someone interested in it, and I didn't want either one of us to get taken

Back