What bullets for 6X45

3807patriot

My Dtech 18" 1-10 6X45 should be in mid July, I need to come up with a load for coyote and maybe deer in Mn.
I assume most bullets are designed around the 6mm/.243 velocities, What would be a good bullet with the 6X45 velocities.
I would prefer a double duty bullet but willing to load what I need to get the job done for both coyote under 300yds and deer under 100yds.

Thanks

Last edited:
Ive been playing with 60 -75 grainers in a 1-9. shoots em all about equally well. searching for the magic load still.

I have only used 65gr to 68gr bullets in mine so far and they have all worked well for coyotes and the couple of deer and some hogs I have shot. I don't know if I would recommend them necessarily for deer as I was just culling and not seriously hunting for deer but they performed fine.

IMG_0350.jpg

Thanks Martyn I was happy to take that nice buck but as mentioned just was helping take out a few undesirables from the herd.
Here are some of this years good deer.
IMG_0397-1.jpg

venatic said:
I have only used 65gr to 68gr bullets in mine so far and they have all worked well for coyotes and the couple of deer and some hogs I have shot. I don't know if I would recommend them necessarily for deer as I was just culling and not seriously hunting for deer but they performed fine.

which bullets specificaly? Hornady,Sierra, Berger, HP, BT etc etc.

Originally Posted By: venaticThanks Martyn I was happy to take that nice buck but as mentioned just was helping take out a few undesirables from the herd.
Here are some of this years good deer.
IMG_0397-1.jpg

WOW that is some nice Bucks!!! Everything is bigger in Texas.

In the last several weeks, I have become an even bigger fan of the 88gr. Berger. The consistency at 400+ yards on pocket gophers is scary.
John

I use Sierra 75 gr. Hollow Points for coyotes and bobcats. It's a good bullet for that job. It's not as explosive at 6x45 velocities as it would be from a 6mm or 243.

Thanks the Sierra 75gr HP must be popular Midway Midsouth Grafs are all sold out.
My new Dtech 6X45 upper should be here in a week or two.

The 85gr Partition is what Mike suggested for deer and the Sierra #1510 75gr HP for coyote. I just looked at Sierra web store and even they are out of the #1510.

The Sierra 75 HP is a good deer bullet...

I'm running a 75 Sierra HP out of my 6x upper and an 85 HPGK in my bolt gun. Both bullets leave the muzzle about 2730 or so...

Back