CVA Rifle

There is nothing wrong with firearms made overseas. Some of the best guns are foreign made. The CVA stalker is made in spain and is by far better than some domestic firearms. EVERY manufacturer has had recalls. Just becuase one gun costs 180+tax doesnt make is junk compared to a 500+tax gun.
Not to mention, alot of times your paying for a name over quality. we (academy) have shipped off more benelli, remington and browning firearms for repairs than anything else. CVA stalker is a budget gun that is reliable. Not really a whole lot that can go wrong with a center fire single shot rifle.

This is why you read reviews before you buy. Gather opinions and go by how you feel is best for YOU. As i said before. I love my Stalker and would not trade for a higher end gun at all. It does EXACTLY what i need it to do. Target shoot and hunt game.
IMG_0204.jpg

Last edited:
You didn't make me mad. Didn't mean for it to come off that way. I think the prices of Knight rifles are right on par with the prices of T/C rifles. Both makers have put out some designs that are better than others. Some I really like, some some I would never consider buying.

As far as overseas made muzzleloaders, I would much rather pay a bit extra for a rifle made here. They are more money, but not what I would call expensive. I feel they are more accurate and reliable overall. I also like the the design of most better. Sorry, but CVA stocks look a mess to me, with the Apex being the exception. I mean who designs those things? I find the big, long, goose-necked pistol grips and all the drop at the comb to be not only uncomfortable to shoot, but very unsightly also. JMO.

I try to buy USA made products as much as possible, as long as I feel they are equal to, or better than, their foreign counterparts. To some, where the product is manufactured doesn't matter........

I spell junk - junque! I had a CVA ML that I could absolutely not get to shoot decent enough to hunt with. I just saw these rifles at Academy and they sported the Bergara barrels and was wondering how they shoot. Just cause Ed Shilen advised, they ain't Shilen barrels. Thought it might be a good knock around truck gun. But them I remembered, thats what my Stevens is.

Well guys I know I'm a little late getting in on this but I feel a need to add my opinion on this. As soon as I found one of these chambered in 22-250 I had to have it. So while at Academy, I bought the scope mount and scope and of course ammo, went home put it all together and got prepared for the next morning at the gun club range. I have always liked the design of the stocks, while somewhat unattractive, fit my hand perfectly. I had an accident some years back that left me with a severely broken wrist and have a hard time getting comfortable stocks. CVA has me spoiled in this area. Anyway while at the range, I started sighting in my new rifle. After about an hour and a box and a half of ammo, I am placing my projectiles in an area the size of a silver dollar. Thats not too good some of you say……. that's at 250 yards, and I didn't clean the gun before sighting in. I got excited and forgot, sorry. Now with these results, I'm still not too happy, I think it will get better with practice and powder change. Unfortunately work has been calling the last few months and I haven't been able to get back to the range to shoot, but vacation is coming up soon. Everyone has their right to their favorite gun and their least favorite, but don't knock the cheaper ones because someone may take a cheap gun and make you wish you hadn't spent all that money. It happened to me once. The main objective here it to make the 55 grain projectile to connect with the coyote's head……is it not?

Back